Jun 24, 2016

Wide Leg & Cropped


Wide leg pants are making a big appearance on the fashion scene but with a shorter twist.  Rather than full length construction forcing us petite gals into sky high heels or a trip to the tailor for hemming, designers are cropping them just at or above the ankle. 

Personally I love this length.  It wasn’t cool when we were younger because it was a sign you had outgrown your pants a.k.a. ‘High Waters’.  This cropped length doesn’t quite show the ankles but it’s perfect for showing off your shoes!  Particularly ankle strapped sandals or booties.

I’m also a fan of a wide leg pant for their slimming effect.  The line of these pants falls straight from the hip down to the hem, disguising the leg and creating a long line on the lower body.  Personally, I’m a bit self-conscious of my lower body/legs and these pants offer more confidence over leg hugging skinnies.  I also feel that I can move easily and are quite cool in the summer heat.

You may have concern that these may have a shortening effect. Combat that by keeping your top shorter like a cropped box top or more fitted.  You want to have a high waist line so maybe opt for a front tuck of your top.  I’m a full 360° tucker a majority of the time #oldschool.

I went with a fitted black tank for a more casual & neutral styling of these tan crops.  Incorporating more black into my wardrobe is on my Summer To-Do list that I shared with you earlier this week.  I know, I know, it’s odd as it’s summer the season of light colors and don’t most gals have the opposite problem of too much black?!  Not me gals, I have very, very little and honestly it’s classy and sharp so there’s no reason not to.  I just gravitate to the ivory and navy for my neutrals.  But let me be clear, I have no intentions of diminishing my inventory of white & ivory pieces!


Go get yourself a pair of wide leg cropped pants.  I promise you’ll be comfortable and chic!








Wide Leg Crop Pants: Banana Republic Similar & Here || Tank: Similar & Here ||
Shoes: Louise Et Cie & Similar || Earrings: Similar || 

Dress Beautifully in Wide Leg Crop Pants

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: