Feb 22, 2017

Pleats Pretty Please


When it came to this blouse it was a matter of which color(s) to buy! I love a crisp dress shirt and when you add feminine pleated ruffles in a modern asymmetrical design it's a must have!

The shirt itself has a hint of stretch and seams that tailor around the waist giving it a super flattering fit and it makes it easy to tuck in.  It has the classic pointed collar with the added ruffles around the neckline you get just the right detail drawing attention towards your face.  The ruffles along the sleeve hem I find flattering also as they enhance the shoulders enhancing an hourglass silhouette.
Another detail I admire on dress shirts, is covered buttons.  It's the little details that refine a garment.

While I can never ever have enough white tops, I decided to go with the blue color ... but there's a distinct possibility I'll go back :)  I liked the blue for it's subtle dot print.  You would treat the top like a solid when styling but the dot pattern again adds just the right amount of detail.  I pair the blouse with a navy pant but almost any color will compliment.

These trousers are my most favorite fit and go-to!  I have them in several colors and prints.  They skim the body and in an ankle length I don't have to hem or wear high heels. Classic in a modern cut. I can't get enough! These have a single pleat at the waist, which isn't for everyone but I find it adds just a little more room for movement. I scored them on major sale and it adds some variety. But I have to say I do prefer flat front.

Gals, this blouse isn't just for adding style during the week days.  With a pair of jeans and untucked, it's super chic!








Dress Beautifully in a Pleated Blouse

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: