Feb 13, 2017

Marigold Part I


Gals, it was 75 and sunny yesterday! When I saw this marigold color on the racks all I could think was yes, a yellow I can wear and I now have spring fever.  Yellow can ben a tricky color, but I've found that the rich gold jewel tone yellow (think mustard) is fabulous for all skin tones and hair color.  Pastel yellow is also a shade that fits all.

Note:  There's a matching skirt - stay tuned for Wednesday's post :)

I knew just how I was going to style this top.  I had recently purchased these blush pants at BR's spring collection launch party I attended last Thursday night and the new pink shoes I shared with you last week on my spring shoe favorites were the perfect pairings.  I love contrast but it doesn't always have to be with neutrals.  Pastels and jewel tones are unexpected and a more colorfully and feminine combination. 
I find it refreshing to ditch the dark winter hues for the bright happy hues.

Navy being my favorite neutral was the right choice for my handbag.  It grounded the colorful look.  It was my grandma's so I feel special when I wear it. 

Try mixing a rich, bold jewel tone with a favorite pastel.  

Examples: 
emerald green + powder blue
bright orange + lavender
Red + mint green 
royal purple + carnation pink 








Dress Beautifully in Marigold and Pink 

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: