Feb 2, 2017

Basic Baubles

I feel like every gal has their every day jewelry pieces that they go to when accessorizing their looks.
Statement pieces are just that, a statement.  Wearing a large ornate bauble should be occasional because you want your smile and/or outfit to be the focus.  Not the glare of rhinestones.
They also tend to be very trendy so don't go investing a lot into those 'it' pieces.

There's also that gal that wears the same 2-3 pieces every. single. day. no matter the occasion or outfit. They take them off in the evening and put them right back on in the morning. Sigh, I have a few friends like that. But hey, you do you.  Personally, that's no fun and too simplified for my taste.

I find that it's a sentimental element behind those every day pieces.  That's the case for me.


Mr gave me my 'mrs' necklace in the airport following our wedding day.  I wear it almost everyday because being married to him is my greatest blessing.


My watch is also extremely meaningful.  Following Mr's return from his deployment in the Middle East he shared with me that he wanted to gift me something to honor my strength, sacrifice and his absence (truthfully I rarely felt strong but flattered he thought so).  I was thinking a handbag and that's where he took me to shop first.  Then when leaving the store he said I want to take you somewhere else, I have something different in mind.  I was somewhat disappointed as I was digging a new bag. I will never doubt him again! He took me to 'our' jewelry store, where we get everything.  I've been wanting this watch for years but assumed it would be later in life when I would actually have it.


He looked at me, held my hands and said I want you to have this and remember the time apart and that I will always come home to you.  That at all times near or far we are always together. sniff sniff
Without hesitation I said ok and forgot all about that handbag.
This piece I wear every. single. day. On in the morning and off at night, repeat.


I pair this diamond tennis bracket with my watch fairly regularly with the exception of when I'm wearing knits.  It can easily pick a sweater.  My watch doesn't have diamonds on it as I wanted to keep it classic and understated, letting the gold shine for itself so adding the bracelet add some sparkle and a layer.  I tend to have at least 2 pieces on my wrists, it's not as lonely haha.


Studs are the way to go when it comes to earrings.  They're not heavy causing distress on your ears. Typically designed in fine metals and don't get tangled in your mane.  They also don't distract from your face but rather add a bit of enhancement. Pearls or diamonds, you can't go wrong.


Now, the best piece EVER are my wedding rings.  They are my FAVORITE! I've been married for close to 7 years and I still stop and stare at them all the time.  Yes, they are exquisite, but they are also a symbol of our vows and eternal love for each other. #sappy
Fun Fact: My engagement ring is from the 1920's.  I love that it has a story and the mystery of the woman or women that wore it fascinates me!



Dress Beautifully in Your Every Day Jewelry 

XOXO Sarah Louise





1 comment:

Misty said...

I'm personally a big fan of dressbeautifully blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
clipping path