Feb 8, 2017

Destroyed Hem Jeans


Destroyed jeans used to be a result of hard work and only worn for outdoor messy occasions. Then they became a fashion statement and our parents would say 'you paid money for something with holes in it?!'.  Now, I love a destroyed boyfriend (I don't do skinny because it's not attractive to have my legs protruding through the holes) jean.  I only have 2 pairs, dark wash and white; no need for more gals.

Destroyed hems are all the rage now.  I'm loving it! Why? Because they are in a ankle/cropped length which is great for us petite gals and it's more on the subtle side.  Holes in the leg of jeans jump right out at you while these frayed hems are down by your feet adding more of a discrete detail. These hems are also great for showing off shoes.

These jeans have literally been my go-to since I brought them home.  Even Mr commented 'Are you wearing those jeans again?' Yes, I sure am!  They are so comfortable and soft. I find the kick crop design to be flattering/slimming on my legs and the destroyed hem makes me feel cool and edgy.
I'm also pleased that they don't have any other destroyed areas making them a bit dressier and in a lighter blue wash that's great for day or night.  The waist is on the higher side which can sometimes be uncomfortable for me because I feel I have the world's shortest torso but these are still below my belly button. I've found it to be a benefit for pairing shorter tops.
I've worn them with flats, block heeled loafers, pumps and heeled sandals; wedges come Spring.

I love pairing dressy feminine tops with more casual bottoms, like distressed denim. It's a nice mixup.








Dress Beautifully in Destroyed Hem Jeans

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: