Feb 6, 2017

Lighter Side of Leopard


I need not remind you but I'm going to anyways, Leopard is a neutral!  My love of animal prints is no secret - plucking style right from nature so they effortlessly add a bit of fierceness to a look.

So, I know it's Monday and I always post a 'work' outfit but I want to show you more of how I take my 'work' pieces and turn them into modern chic ensembles for outside the office.  I went lighter with this after hours look.  Those 90's trends we rocked as youngsters are coming back and that means lighter denim washes.  I'm ok with it but please for the love of style don't go too far and pick up the acid wash #horror.  I find that most often leopard is paired with darker shades, black, burgundy, jewel tones which is fabulous but I almost prefer pastels and lighter neutrals. So I kept it clean & bright with a cotton crisp shirt, light jeans and added this leopard topper for the fun piece.

I believe that's the key.  Taking 'basics', solid, comfy, go-to garments and adding that one fun piece for the punch.  Whether that's a statement necklace, scarf or in this case jacket. It's the way to avoid a color block of solid boringness.

I did pair with a pump and polished bag but if that's still a little too dressy go with black flats and a crossbody bag.

This look was created from my capsule of 'Closet Classics'.  I've had each of these pieces for several years.
Gals, I can not buy all new outfits every month nor would I ever want to or suggest it.  I believe strongly and feel that I'm constantly writing to you, that investing in quality timeless pieces is far better than a high inventory of short lived trends.

But what about looking modern?  Uh I don't think I look dated. And I'm not saying I don't add to my wardrobe on the regular.  Purchase with intention.  Asking yourself, is this well made with good fabric and construction? Can this be worn in multiple atmospheres? Simply avoid the one time wear/won't be in style next season garments.









Leopard Jacket - Similar & Here || Crisp White Shirt || Jeans || Pumps || 

Dress Beautifully in a Lighter Leopard Look 

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: