Feb 15, 2017

Marigold Part II


Monday I shared with you gals this marigold lace top and I also shared that I'd be styling the matching skirt on Wednesday/today.  So here it is, this matching marigold lace skirt and all it's sunny glory paired with a classic chambray shirt.

Yes, these coordinating matchy-matchy pieces are bold, bright and beautiful but I do believe they need to be styled separately.  The color is so saturated along with the straight cut of the lace top making it difficult to tuck in, I feel that you maybe overwhelmed.  If I were to wear them together I'd most definitely add a printed scarf and/or jacket to add contrast.

Instinctually I went to pair this skirt with a classic blue dress shirt (because y'all know I'm all about work wear) but I decided to opt for a bit more of a casual vibe and go with something equally as classic, the chambray shirt.  It easily pairs with everything! And it's a little more laid back.
I did however stick with pumps but for the weekend a sandal/flat/wedges would do.

This skirt has the same feminine cutout lace detail as the top and with a grosgrain, slightly stretchy waist band and aline design, a super flattering fit.

More pairing Options:
Basic white tee (tucked in or knotted)
Burgundy or Olive (think Fall)
Crisp white shirt
Pastel Pink
Blue & White stripes

This marigold lace skirt truly adds a ray of sunshine to your step!









Dress Beautifully in Marigold

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: