Nov 20, 2019

Rock 'N Roll


Gals, I love leather! I used to tease Ryan telling him that the way to my heart was in fine leather goods.  There's a lot of truth in that! I meant handbags and shoes and he's certainly won me over several times.

Leather as it relates to fashion used to have such a 'bad girl' or 'motorcycle babe' reputation and primarily be used in jackets but today's designs are luxurious and chic! Incorporating leather into feminine designs is sharp. It is a texture I look forward to wearing each Winter.

This sheath dress makes quite the statement.  It's sophisticated enough for the office and chic enough for a night out.  Add a blazer or tweed jacket during the week and statement jewelry with a pair of high heels on the weekend.
Add some fur and you're set for Sunday church service.

Note:  I do wish this dress was sleeveless for layering and movement purposes but since it is actually 'faux' leather it's soft and very easy to move in.

If your going to layer your leather pieces I encourage you to use contrasting textures like a soft sweater or silk blouse.  It balances against the slick/stiff texture of the leather.






BTS: Gracious it was a windy day! 




Dress Beautifully in Leather

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: