Nov 29, 2019

Friday Favorites: 5 Things Instead of Shopping

TGIF! It's not just any Friday, it's Black Friday.  Gals, the shopping promotions are on overload. I know you're thinking that's a bit hypocritical for a fashion blogger.  Yes, both hands raised I love to shop but limits are necessary.  I do believe in trying purchase all the gifts you plan to give or at least have a list of what you plan to give completed in November so that you can enjoy the holiday season.  And today is a great day to cross some items off your list at a great price. But let's not let it cloud the day or the reason we gift in the first place, to show love and appreciation.

I LOVE and insist upon purchasing below full price but I find that today the retail indulgence is over the top.

Family is my favorite

So, rather than focusing on accumulating more things, here are 5 delightful things to do the day after Thanksgiving that I promise will bring you more joy than the temporary high of a new purchase:

DECK THE HALLS

I love that we have 3 stocking to hang.

We could always find Scragley underneath the tree hanging out or napping
He truly was a gift!

Remembering the REAL reason for the season in our home.
And it's about time to pull the elf out! She should actually enjoy finding him this year.

Go ahead and go full force into Christmas mode and decorate your home.
I'm a stickler for waiting until after we give gratitude on Thanksgiving.

CLEAN OUT YOUR CLOSET



Before the addition of things at Christmas and we start a new year, I believe it's nice to remove items that are no longer needed.  Its a great feelings ending and starting a year on a clean note.

CHRISTMAS CARDS


I absolutely adore sending love through the mail and Christmas cards bring a smile to my face all month long. If you haven't purchased yours yet you can have your mailing list and supplies ready (tape, address labels and stamps)

PLAY OUTSIDE

I raked our front yard this week ... it's now buried again under a blanket of leaves UGH

Afternoon Running with my Sidekick - this hat :)

If the weather allows enjoy the fresh air with some yard work (it's literally raining leaves here), Christmas decorating, exercising or even readying a book while enjoying nature around you.

FELLOWSHIP

Such a fun night out with my sisters last week!

Spend time with your family/friends.  Most folks are off of work and it's a nice time to stop and enjoy quality moments together.  Bust out a board game or puzzle or even just snuggle up with a good movie.

She is proof that you can't buy happiness!

Dress Beautifully Doing the Things that are Priceless

XOXO Sarah-Louise 

No comments: