Nov 13, 2019

Sweater + Skirt + Sneakers = Cozy, Chic & Comfy


Gals, Winter has just crashed our party! Playing outside is our favorite but gracious these cold temperatures have us looking wishfully through the windows.

Sweaters have always come second to blouses and jackets in my wardrobe but the past two years I've found that if I invest in more quality sweaters that have interest I will actually wear them and be warmer. Sweaters were either boring in just solid colors or the material was synthetic so it wasn't comfortable or they were just too casual in design.

I'm loving chunky knits, patterned designs and statement sleeves on sweaters! I've also figured out that I don't like long sweaters but prefer them to hit right at my hips.

Here's how to style them to avoid the predictable pairing of just jeans and boots.

- with a midi slip, pleated, printed or tiered skirt
- over top of a midi dress
- with a mini skirt with over the knee boots
- with a pencil skirt (Tip: either the sweater or skirt is best printed)
- with bright/printed pants

I found this amazing sweater at a local boutique and absolutely LOVE it for its pattern and thick knit.  It almost looks handmade.

I paired it with this tiered skirt that at first glance most would say is just for Spring/Summer. But with this sweater it takes on a Winter feel. Sneakers are styled with EVERYTHING these days and while my style is the farthest from 'Sporty Spice' I'm embracing the comfort it brings!

I wouldn't suggest this look for the office but grab a gal pal and wear it to lunch, shopping or a fun party.

Get creative with your pairings and make the most of your wardrobe!






*The outtakes are my favorite :)


Dress Beautifully in a Sweater, Skirt & Sneakers Combo

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: