Nov 12, 2019

Service Call

Good Tuesday Morning Gals! Pushing hard to see the good today.  Woke up to cold and lots of rain, had to jump start my sister's car (go me!) and now I'm sitting in the dealership getting 4 new tires right before Christmas UGH
But hey I'm pretty stinkin proud and grateful I was able to help my sister, have the means to unexpectedly afford new tires and there is preschool to take care of sweet Vivian so I can manage solo.

I didn't share a 'Mamma Monday' post yesterday because my bestie from college came to visit for the long weekend and we were soaking up all the fun with her! It was a long weekend for the best reason, Veteran's Day!

Welcoming him home from deployment in the Middle East
BEST. DAY. EVER.!!!!!

I find that it's easy to go about our lives exercising our freedoms and forgetting that our safety comes at a price. I encourage you to take time and give gratitude to those that help provide these things like our military service members, law enforcement, and fire fighters.

While those fields aren't for everyone I believe that everyone is called to serve. Most importantly we are called to serve our loving God NOT ourselves which is completely counter cultural.
Our nature is to strive to satisfy ourselves rather than others.
But God created you in His image with the purpose of glorifying Him, loving Him and others.

We all have our to-dos, agendas and things that bring us joy. But I promise serving others with bring you great reward.

Serving looks different for everyone.  Ryan loved serving in the military and now in medicine. It's also his love language so I often receive acts that include a clean car, house chores and a delicious meal (all things I struggle to do well). I love serving as a Sunday school teacher, volunteer in the Junior League and even through this blog because serving one another through encouraging relationships (or lifting one up via a great outfit) is valuable.

I know others that serve in a variety of nonprofits and also some that just love on others through child care, a meal or even an ear to listen in fellowship!


Acts of love and kindness are the greatest forms of service and gracious do they glorify God.
Get creative and serve using the skills and abilities you have. AND don't forget to teach your children to do the same :)

Dress Beautifully with a Loving Heart While Serving

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: