Jan 3, 2022

Happy 2022 - Word of the Year


Happy New Year!!! I'm the kind of gal that is always looking forward (and on the bright side) but when I do look back at the practice of having a focus 'word of the year' it really has made a huge impact. Resolutions are great, but not always realistic and goals, well I make goals daily, weekly, monthly etc... You could say I'm goal/list obsessed but it works for my energetic heart. 

2018 was my first year of motherhood which was truly the most amazing of my life. It was also one that shifted my priorities in the best way ever. I wanted to not just live out my days but to do so intentionally and purposefully make the most of each and every moment I'm given. So I chose a word to focus on throughout each year.

2019's word of the year - Contentment 

2020's word of the year - Giving 

2021's word of the year - Purpose

Now, without further adieu, 2022's word of the year is ...

ENJOY

1. Enjoy - Jesus. I want to see Him more than a resource but as a friend with His humble, generous, kind, joyful and loving character. He has blessed me with a life to be enjoyed!

2. Enjoy - the little things. The way Ryan kisses me on the forehead, Vivian's tiny hand in mine, just the lamp light at 5am during my quiet time, my Mamma's laugh, the sun sparkles on the water ... I could write forever. My life is sprinkled with joy, beauty and blessings and I want to see, appreciate and enjoy them.

3. Enjoy - people. Each and every person in my life is there for a great purpose. I want to enjoy the unique gifts they bring. 

4. Enjoy - what's mine. I want to enjoy the things I've been blessed with, and avoid comparing to what others have or seeking out new/more. 

5. Enjoy - my body. Sigh I really struggled to add & share this one. I want to celebrate the fun, strong and fast things it can do because it is a healthy body. For over 20 years I've been intentional about what I eat and intense exercising but still often find myself discouraged. Despite how disciplined or hard I work I am challenged to be content. I want to work towards a place where I wear what I want, move with confidence and enjoy all the things my body can do.


I encourage you find a word that encompasses your focus for 2022.

Dress Beautifully Enjoying Life

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: