Mar 21, 2022

Recipe for Girls Weekend Away

Lord knows I can’t cook worth anything but I can put together a recipe for a 5 star girls weekend that will leave you full of joy. Some of my dearest of dears are a road trip away while others are a mere drop by. Regardless, I find it of great importance to step away from our day to day to be present with one another.



Gathering is so so good for the soul! Sure we text, talk on the phone, follow on social media and video when we can but it doesn’t measure up to the face to face smiles. The dedicated time away is where we really share, learn and grow with one another.

It's also more economical than a couples/family trip as you're only paying for yourself and split across the group!


I get asked often about all my girls weekends (I have at least 6 a year) and since I just hosted one right here in Charlotte I find it’s perfect timing to share how I do it.

Tip: You can simply book a hotel/home right where you live and still get away!


Here’s my recipe for a weekend away with your besties:


PLAN 


Coming together with calendars in advance is key! We all have responsibilities but with commitment and delegation establishing dates & logistics (childcare) solidifies the event. We pick locations based on season, budget and rotation of cities amongst us.

Tip: We share each other’s travel points/benefits.


FRESH AIR


Whether it’s sitting on the beach, hiking a mountain or cruising on a boat being outside together is medicine for the soul.


ACTIVITY


We love to try new things.  We’ve participated in concerts, gym classes, historic tours, rope courses, spa packages, cooking, beading, candle making, and painting classes... the list goes on. Next month we’re getting really adventurous with a helicopter tour of Lake Tahoe! 


GAMES


I’ve shared some of the biggest laughs and heart felt stories over a good old-fashioned deck of cards or puzzle.


SNACKS & SPIRITS

I have a gal pal who loves making snack boards!


Everyone bringing their favorites to share makes for full tummies. 

It also makes being away more comfortable and homey. 


SIGHTS & SHOPPING



It’s always enjoyable to stroll, take in the local attractions and find a few treasures along the way.  I learn quite a bit about people seeing things they like on the shelves.


NIGHT OUT


Getting all gussied up for cheers and celebration of your friendships is some of the most fun! Getting ready together coiffing your hair and putting on make up in preparation is also the source of a lot of fun. 

And while the snazzy outfits are important, your kind and happy heart paired with listening ears will make you so stylish.  I'm not one to typically share, but in a trusted circle it's nice to lean on one another.



Wherever you go, whoever you're with, enjoy! 

Dress Beautifully on a Girls Weekend

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: