May 9, 2022

Joy Comes in the Morning

Good morning gals! Mornings are my absolute favorite because I like the start of things: a day, week, month, semester, year etc…

New, fresh and full of opportunity, that’s how I feel about mornings.  It’s in the morning hours that I have the most energy and my thoughts are sharp.


My Mamma says I've been a morning bird my whole life. In high school and college I would often go to bed early and wake up at a crazy hour to study.  I still don't stay up late, I'm in bed by 8.



Maybe you'd rather die than wake up before the chickens (that's my sisters) but I find that the quiet hours before anyone else is stirring (except Ethel, she gets excited when she hears me come downstairs) are a blessing to me. It's time I can spend preparing myself for the day so that I'm at my best to give to others.


Here's my morning routine:


Bible Time



I wake up at 5:00am without an alarm. I just naturally open my eyes and bounce out of bed.

I start with a glass of water and the Word. 

During the school year I work on a bible study and other times I use a devotional.

I found this book last week and have just started it.


Breakfast



I've been eating the same thing for 15 YEARS! 

Without fail I have 2 eggs over medium with black pepper 

& 1 piece of Ezekiel bread toast with just a wave of butter.

Even when I'm away from home I eat the same thing (I may add bacon at a restaurant).


Screen Time



As I continue to sip my big cup of piping hot black coffee (we grind black rifle co. beans), I sit at my computer and work on my real job, blog, catch up on emails, make to-do lists and scroll on social media. I love IG & FB but they can become a bigger priority than they should so I wait a while to open them.  I also don't like to be on technology in front of Vivian. 


Chores



I keep my house tidy throughout the day but every morning I unload the dishwasher and occasionally I'll fold a load of laundry or straighten the play room. I want Vivian to see the work that goes into keeping up a home but often it's just easier to be productive without her.


Bird & Show Watch



Our sunroom is my favorite room! As I'm waiting for Vivian to wake up around 7:00, I sit and watch the birds and if I'm in a loving mood I'll hold Ethel. 

Since I don't stay up for the sun to go down, I'll often watch tv shows in the morning.


I'm looking forward to mornings watching the sunrise at the beach this Summer!

I encourage you to establish a morning routine that sets you up to conquer the day with gusto! 


Dress Beautifully in the Morning


XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: