May 2, 2022

Jesus Be A Fence

Gals, I more often give thought to additions and wants than I do avoidance and resistance in my life. I believe it's because I want to focus on the positive but in order to stay that way, protecting from the negative is key. 

It comes easy for me to guard Vivian from harm but what about myself. I monitor, screen and expose her to influences that are joyful, edifying and uplifting.  But do I maintain the same standards for myself?


Boundaries can seem exclusive but to the contrary I've decided to look at them as protective. 
You can still live with open arms while limiting the things that cause you harm or to stumble. 

It takes self discipline and dedication but having discernment on what you welcome and stay away from is so important in keeping our hearts healthy.


Here are some things to ask Jesus to be a Fence for ...

Relationships:
We can't and aren't meant to be friends with everyone. It doesn't mean a person is bad but perhaps just not a best fit for us if they cause us harm or to stumble.  Distance or limited time can help but be sure to have polite communication with the other party as to not cause more harm. 

Social Media:
Such a challenge and joy all at the same time. An account may truly be lovely but they can still cause comparison, discontentment or unneeded persuasion. You can take time away or remove influences that aren't good for you.

Indulgences:
Maybe it's sweets/snacks, streaming, shopping or any other treat that doesn't well, treat you.
Resisting temptation takes great strength but over time it will become a good habit and something you don't miss.

We are weak, but He is Strong!


Jesus, be a fence.

Dress Beautifully with Boundaries

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: