Jan 27, 2023

Closets & Cabinets & Drawers Oh My!

TGIF! This isn't my typical 'Friday Favorites' post but it fits because organizing is one of my favorite things. I thrive on a tidy and orderly home. I actually smile when I see empty shelves and space in closets. 

Note: I'm fairly minimal, except in my closet!! 

Please don't judge! We all have our issues.

I took advantage of having Trixie away at training and Ryan being off of work and took an entire day to go through our home and edit/organize nearly every single cabinet, closet and drawer.

There's still a few places left but nothing an afternoon can't tackle. 

There are a lot of popular organizing methods out there and I take a little bit of inspiration from several to make a process that works for my time and house. 

Note: I do not invest much into the trending clear bins, organizers & labels (It can get really pricey) But I do believe in using containers. I use clear shoe bins purchased at the dollar store, nice shoe boxes and baskets I find at low prices. 

Here's how I tackle organizing ....


- Make a list
    I write down what specific cabinets, closets, drawers I need to address

- Schedule a day
    Set intentional time, dedicated to the project 

- Start
    just pick an area and go for it (I started downstairs while everyone was still sleeping in the early morning) 


- Throw away
    Donating is great (do that too) but often it's not something to resale and you don't need to save it!

- Embrace Empty
    Not every shelf needs to be filled. I find empty space enjoyable 


- Do what you can
    Interruptions happen! I had to work, eat lunch, Vivian came home from dance wanting to participate so I had to move around from area to area and that's ok - just keep going.

- Drop off donate immediately
    I'm literally shaking my head as I type this ... I am very guilty of driving around with bags of donate in my trunk for a time I'm too embarrassed to share lol


When deliberating on something that's not easy to decide on whether to keep or donate, I ask myself "If I were moving is this something I would want to pack and move into a new home?"

After all the hard work I have decided to add these products:

Dress Your Home Beautifully 
with Organized Spaces

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: