Jan 4, 2023

Orange Gladness

Orange you glad it's the new year - or that the kids are back in school (me too!)  I love fresh starts and new beginnings but New Year's can be too much pressure. The reality is each week, morning, hour or even half hour you can start new.  I find my self adjusting my perspective throughout my days.

This is my 10th year sharing on this space and for the first month I'm going to create very colorful outfits to inspire you! Kate Spade said 'Live Colorfully' and I couldn't agree more - which is one of many reasons she's one of my favorite designers.

I like mixing bold colors and pastels. It makes for a pretty contrast that's more unexpected than pairing color with a neutral. Using the color wheel is a full tool for combining colors but honestly going with what looks beautiful to you is best. 

As much fun as color blocking is, I do believe in adding print and shine, even if small. I chose a cool neutral snake print handbag and metallics with a classic hoop earrings and hardware on my loafers. The brightness from the ivory in the shoes & bag enhance the colors of the outfit.




I adore the sweetheart illusion design! It's so unique yet very wearable. 
I also find high waisted pleated pants flattering and comfortable. They create a soft silhouette as opposed to super fitted pants. 


Orange Sweetheart Top - Orchid Pants

Similar Loafers - Similar Handbag - Earrings

Dress Beautifully in Color

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: