Jan 6, 2023

Friday Favorites: Jeans

 Gals, jeans are my jam! I wear them Every. Single. Day! I chill in them, play in them and dress them up in the evenings. I'll share this unsurprising fact - I have quite a few pairs. I go through phases with my favorites and have quite the variety of washes and cuts.  I gravitate to raw hems, medium washes, high rise (but not too high) and very little stretch. 

Style Tip: I'm 5'2" (if the nurse doesn't mash my hair when measuring my height) so jeans are often too long. After washing, I take a pair of scissors and cut them for raw hem - do NOT do before washing as they may shrink. You can always go back and cut more. 

I find raw hems lighter and less bulky on the leg. 


My favorite brands are Mother (designer and worth every penny!), J Crew and Madewell. In fact after review those are the only brands I have.

Style Tip: Find brands that fit for your body shape and stick with it! I have thicker legs proportionally to my hips and waist. 

Due to the number of wears and years I wear them I'm happy to invest because there's so much greatness about a pair of jeans that fit just right!

Here are my favorite jeans ...


These are a splurge but amazing! 
These are a rigid no stretch jean - I got up 2 sizes for a loose fit (27)


I love the interesting hem. Cropped styles are best for me because I am petite and they allow for any shoe.
These have some stretch so I stay true to my normal size 25


I call these my cool girl jeans. These are fitted and I typically wear on evenings out - stretch (true size 25) 


You can't go wrong!
They're great styled with absolutely ANY shoe - but there's something sassy when you dress them up with a heel and fun blouse for a night out.
I like a high rise - these have a little stretch I size down to 24 in almost all Madewell jeans.


These are my go-to for a classic and comfortable look. A medium wash, slight gradient fading and slim straight leg. These are the MOST flattering wash and design when it comes to jeans (IMO).
I size down in J Crew jeans to a 24.


These are a slightly more roomy straight leg with a high rise, button fly & raw hem. They're just a smidge more casual that the classic straight jeans above. These are great for causal day-to-day living and super cute with sneakers!
This pair does not have stretch - I size up just 1 to a 26


This style is similar to a straight leg but with a slight little flare just at the hem (a true flare/boot cut begins to flare at the knee). I've had to cut the hem on these and to be honest they need a little more trimming. I chose to show you a charcoal wash - I prefer it over black as it modern and you don't have to worry about fading/color transfer with washing like you do with a pitch black pair.
A little stretch & in this brand again I size down to a 24

Dress Beautifully in Jeans

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: