Jan 2, 2023

2023 Word of the Year

 Happy New Year! I'm so jazzed about what 2023 will bring! 

I'm an eternal optimist, always looking ahead with enthusiasm - frankly I just don't see any other way. It's not that I am naive to challenges but that I know there is so much good that accompany them making the future exciting to see what's in store.

Rather than resolutions, that most often never come to fruition, I make goals and most prominently a word that I focus on applying throughout my life. I have found this very impactful over the past 4 years! 

Here are the posts from the past 4 years sharing my word and application  ...

2019's word of the year - Contentment 

2020's word of the year - Giving 

2021's word of the year - Purpose

2022's word of the year - Enjoy

Now, without further adieu, 2023's word of the year is ...

BEAUTY

1. Seek It 


It's easy to see a sunrise over the ocean, the valley from the top of a mountain hike or wild heron in the marsh and find beauty in this world. However it's more challenging to see beauty in relationships, circumstances and in hard times.
I want to strive to see the beauty in others, as God's creation, even when they are difficult and hurtful. 
I want to strive to see the beauty despite my circumstances not being what I want or expect.

2. Share It

Within my life I want joy, peace and hope ... who doesn't?! I want to share beauty to others with encouragement, my time & talents and as many moments of laughter as possible. Life is meant to be enjoyed and that's done best with others.

3. Create It 

I'm not an artist by the world's standards but that doesn't mean I can't make beautiful things. I want to strive to create beauty in my home with time well spent having fun, by opening our doors giving hospitality and by inspiring others with my creativity and compassion. 

I have other goals:

- drink more water (I've managed to fail at this my whole life - who knows maybe 2023 is my year) 
- Consistent skin care routine - I'm turning 40 this year!!
- Floss regularly 
- More dates with Ryan
- Take as many trips with Vivian as possible
- Give grace to myself when nutrition, exercise or schedule upsets occur
- Learn to play tennis - I plan to start lessons when Vivian starts kindergarten
- Decrease screen time 
- Increase reading
- Be proud of my body and wear the things I want to wear despite my insecurities

I encourage you to find a word to inspire your year

Dress Beautifully in 2023

XOXO Sarah Louise

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes,.....well said. I believe I need to tag along your with your goals
Love you
Momma

Anonymous said...

Good word
Beauty