Jan 9, 2023

2023 Home Design Inspiration


I have so many design dreams for our 1963 Georgian Colonial home! When we purchased it 4+ years ago every single room needed my touch with the exception of the master bathroom. It was perfect! We started by having every wall painted prior to moving in and slowly we've been remodeling and decorating.
Last year we took a break and invested in lots of travel but this year I'm ready to add a lot of design to a few spaces.

Here's the inspiration I have for our home this year ...

GUEST BEDROOM


I love this calming soft mint green color for the wall. 
Contrasted against our rich wood furniture gives a very traditional look.


I'm going to accessorize the room with crisp linens, pop of print in pillows and with my nature treasures: seashells, rocks, feathers, and sharks teeth!

HALLWAY


I believe hallways are one of the most important spaces in a home and yet they are often the most neglected when it comes to design. They are a high traffic space and a center focal point. We have an extra wide and long hallway upstairs with a large landing area at the top of the stairs giving ample opportunity to make a style statement.


I want to add chair molding with picture framing underneath starting on one side of our stairs up and through the entire hallway. I'll then add this fern branch wall paper above! 

POWDER ROOM


We have remodeled our powder room with new flooring and fixtures but now I want to give it more pizzazz with mural wallpaper!


My gal pal put this scene in her sauna room and I love it!

LIGHTING

I believe lighting is the jewelry for the home! I'm looking for shiny gold fixtures for our sunroom, den, office, guest room, our master closet but perhaps a white one for Vivian's room.





KITCHEN


This will leave only our kitchen left to design and it's going to be a doozy! It may be a few more years of waiting. A complete renovation from top to bottom with a big price tag (so we've saved that one for last). But since I'm sharing here's my inspiration for it. 

Dress Your Home Beautifully
(even if it's just in your dreams)

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: