Jan 16, 2023

Quiet Time

Quiet time is essential. I don't know anyone that doesn't value it. But no matter what your season or schedule looks like, it can be challenging to obtain.

I just started back in a new semester of bible study after a long winter break and I've had to make adjustments to get alone and peaceful time to focus. 

Here are some tips and things that I've implemented to help make sure I get quiet time each day ...

SCHEDULE

Making quiet time a priority is the first key step. Think of treating it like a doctors appointment that is imperative, you can't reschedule or be late for. Often times we let other happenings around us take precedence but I believe putting this time at the top of your list will make the most impact.

I chose 5am (I know that's crazy for most) but in the early morning is when I am fresh and full of energy. It's also when my home is very quiet. Lunch time, nap time, and post dinner time are also great options.

SILENCE

Removing distractions will help you be present in your time. First and foremost start with your phone. Turn it on silent and even place it in a room or drawer that's out of sight. (Same goes for your computer) Also, be thoughtful about the time of day that's the least interruptive. 

SPACE

My favorite space is outside where I can hear the birds singing, feel the warm sunshine and enjoy the beauty of God's creation. I take full advantage when weather allows. In this case I often move my quiet time to the afternoon. 

Maybe it's a comfy chair in the corner of your room or at the breakfast table with a cup of coffee. Find a space where you can cozy up with all your things that's calming.

Note: I find that a space that's away from clutter and view of chores is beneficial. 

We share the same scrunchie face when we smile big!

I encourage you to make your quiet time an intentional practice each and every day! 

Dress Beautifully in Quiet Time

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: