Feb 27, 2019

Pink & Black


First, I LOVE the color pink. Like I love it so much I could wear it every day. It's my most favorite color to wear.  If you're a loyal reader you're probably thinking 'wait I thought white was her favorite?' And you'd be correct so let's just say white is my favorite neutral and pink my favorite color.

Now, my go-to for accessories or clothing is NEVER black.  It's my least favorite shade to wear because it's just so harsh and dark.

But something about pink and black is classic sharp and also reminds me a bit of barbie.

And let's be honest, I'm not hurting for a pink dress but this one really struck my fancy.  The pink shade has a slight purple hue to it and I loved the drop pleats - not too straight and not too voluminous. It would be perfect for Easter.

Now let's talk about this belt shall we? You gals have been seeing Gucci belts across your instagram feed, Pinterest and basically any platform of fashion media out there.  They are not only popular and stylish they are in high demand and hard to obtain.  I ordered this smaller one right after Vivian Louise was born with the expected ship date just a few weeks out. Wrong! It took almost 6 months! They are constantly on back order making them even more desirable.
This one isn't available until July ekkkkk
Soooo, when I saw it on the Nordstrom counter while picking out a headband I was giddy with surprise. I asked the sales associate about it and she said someone just returned it and that Never happens.  I HAD to try it on. Duh It's a small size so it can only be worn on the waist which was perfect for me.  I don't like a large heavy belts on my hips - I find it uncomfortable.
This size is just right for cinching in a dress. I decided to take it home and think on it knowing I could return it, because it's a bit of a splurge for a spontaneous purchase.

Clearly I kept it and am loving my decision!

Belts are one of my favorite accessory and although I prefer vintage belts for their uniqueness, I'm ok jumping on this trend bandwagon.

Next time you're wearing a solid dress break it up with a belt (you'll appreciate your hourglass shape if you do I promise)







Dress Beautifully in Pink and Black

XOXO Sarah Louise