Sep 30, 2019

Mamma Monday: Have More Fun!

I joined a group called MOPS this year, Moms of Preschoolers.  It’s a national organization that fosters gatherings of mothers while providing encouragement & support. One of the biggest things I’ve learned once I embarked on this motherhood journey and in life is that it most certainly takes a village.  

The MOPS group I joined meets at the church where  Vivian goes to preschool every other Friday and provides fun child care for Vivian! 
MOPS groups vary in size but I’m excited that ours is small, under 20 mammas. We all live fairly close which is so nice for the when the opportunity to be there for one another arrises.
One gal lives down the street and said  ‘I knew I recognized you, you must be a fashion blogger. I see you taking your pictures outside my neighborhood’.  I felt a little ‘busted’ as it’s so darn awkward standing on the sidewalk of a street in your get-up hoping no one you know sees you, but she’s so kind and I'm tickled to have a new gal pal around the corner. 

I found this on google and even though it has some typos I love it!

The MOPS’s theme this year is ‘Have More Fun’. Count me in!! Since having Vivian I can truly say I’ve had more fun.  Eh ok how about since she’s turned 1. The first year I would call it more sweet and precious.  But now that she runs and plays I also run and play.  We have so much fun with slides, sidewalk chalk and play doh. Oh play doh, you are the current prized possession in my daughter’s life.  


We as mammas talked about how we can incorporate more fun into our lives.  We looked at our schedules and wrote out our typical days of the week. I imagine all of ours had work type tasks and and chores.  But I hope that though we have lots of to-dos that keep our households running we also spend time laughing. 


I can honestly say my days do have lots of fun in them: 
Exercise
Play Outside: Playground, sidewalk chalk, bubbles
Play Inside: Gymnastics, Library, home (play doh, blocks and paint with water are the current favs)
Blog
Shop/Errands (thank you preschool!)
Bible Study
Junior League Activities
Gal Pal meet ups
Date Nights


BUT there’s those chores UGH I’m particular about having a clean house and almost every mamma groaned about laundry.  Laundry’s not so much a big deal in our house but it’s also just us 3 and Ryan wears scrubs every day. Toddlers are messy and create clutter so I’m battling every day. 
You can pause those tasks or delegate (another blog post).
Or just chose to postpone to do something fun.

Life is to be enjoyed! You’ve been blessed with it and with a family to share it with.


So what are you going to add to have more fun??

I’m adding reading and more exercise classes to my workout routine.  Both of these things have happened less since Vivian was born. Reading takes time and classes are at scheduled times and that can be challenging to coordinate with child care and to align with her awake/nap schedule. 
Whatever fun looks like to you, maybe it’s baking (bless those that actually like being in the kitchen), crafting (can’t understand that either) or a sport. Do your best to incorporate that.  I encourage you not to stress about how often but just that it happens.  Alone time is refreshing but sharing your fun with your family can be so rewarding. 


Dress Beautifully While Having Fun

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: