Sep 9, 2019

Mamma Monday: Put your shine on

Happy Monday Mammas! If your littles are really little like mine I imagine you're celebrating the start of preschool / Mother's Morning Out along with me!

First Day drop off smiles!

One of the things I've noticed at drop off and pick up is that a majority of the mammas are in gym clothes. I should probably stop here just in case any of them become my gal pal and read this little blog BUT I'm going to keep it real and honest so here goes ...
I bet a significant number of those mammas aren't coming from or headed to sweat. Just sayin. And if they are, get it girl!
I understand that most of us are out of the office, but I personally believe it takes more effort to get those spandex leggings on than a pair of jeans.
I'm ALL about exercise, in fact I plan to run Vivian to preschool most mornings (so grateful we live so close) so yes, I'll be in workout clothes glistening with sweat.

How about you glisten & remain comfortable/casual?

Mammas, put a little shine on. I'm talking jewelry.
Add jewelry to an outfit composed of a simple tee, (you can even go a little extra and do a little front tuck paired with some jeans (boyfriends are great for a loose and casual look) and I promise you'll look and feel sassier and more confident.

Here are some great jewelry pieces that are modern and add a touch of "put together" pretty to your look ...

RINGS

I've rarely ever see a mamma without her wedding rings on but how about adding some fun bling on your right hand? This is wear you can showcase costume and current trends.


Large Stone Ring
I just ordered this one and am waiting to see the UPS truck out of my window.  I plan to wear it on the index finger of my right hand.  I'm obsessed with big rings.  Which is slightly unexpected because I feel as though I have the world's smallest hands.  For reference my wedding ring size is 3.5 and of the 3 times a year I get a manicure they always comment on my tiny nails.
I have 2 cocktail rings that are fine jewelry - and let me tell you they are huge and gaudy (Mr rolls his eyes but treated me to them anyways) and lots of costume cocktail rings.


I like this set for a more delicate look and to wear stacked or on multiple fingers.

EARRINGS



You can't go wrong with light weight hoops. I wear these more than any other pair of earrings I own.


Love the colors of these tortoise earrings several options.


Studs are always a simple staple.

BRACELETS



Wrap bracelets are more natural and understated.


Small bangle - less jangle


Delicate and pretty

NECKLACES



Go big just keep it neutral so that it goes with everything.


Delicate but just enough. I have this one and wear it all the time.


Long necklaces makes you look taller ... at least that's what I tell my petite self :)


Vivian does have some fine jewelry to wear when she's a bit older but until then she is accessorizing with her little purses. This past Sunday she was so excited I let her carry one to church for the first time!

Dress Beautifully with Jewelry 

XOXO Sarah-Louise


No comments: