Sep 25, 2019

Walk Tall Crocodile


While the calendar says Fall, the weather still says 'Hotter than the devil's kitchen'! Ok, maybe not that hot (I'm still feeling the sweat from last month). There has been a break in the humidity and my morning runs don't threaten heat stroke so I suppose I'll be grateful for that and patiently await the chill.

And when that chill arrives, I guarantee you I'll be walking tall in these red croc boots!  I purchased them during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale in July and have been admiring them in my closet ever since. My Grandma and Mamma both love red shoes and while red isn't on the top of my list of color favorites, something about red shoes is just sassy & classic. I'm even getting Vivian a pair!
The croc texture makes them luxurious! And block heel super comfortable.

Now, this blouse has had my eye the moment it came out months ago. However, the price tag had my eyes wide in shock. Like a lot of pretty pieces I lust over, I watch and scour various websites for the opportunity to catch them on sale.  Sometimes my desire for the item fades or solidifies and in that case I'm confident on my purchase and the price. The day this blouse was marked down I went into the store and ordered it in my size for over half off :)

Tip: if an item is out of stock online and you have the option to visit the store front, they can often find the piece at another store and have it shipped.

The smocking and pleating are trending but the oxford blue is timeless.
I love oxford blue with deeper, rich hues (think hunter greens, plums, harvest gold and deep red).
It adds a soft contrast.  Oxford blue is one of my favorite neutrals all year long!





When it comes to jewelry I LOVE big rings! It's unexpected since I have super tiny hands (my wedding rings are a size 3.5).  My wrists are very petite too so bracelets are often too big and fall off and also super annoying when you're trying to work on the computer.

Kate Spade has always made the most beautiful and unique costume jewelry and this large stoned ring (comes in several colors) is no exception.

If your more of a delicate jewelry gal Gorjana is my fav! I wear her pieces daily.


The smocked waist creates such a pretty shape on your waist and on the cuffs allows for you to pull up the sleeves for just the right length.





Dress Beautifully Walking Tall into Fall 

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: