Sep 17, 2019

Together

It's so great to be together this Tuesday, virtually that is but still truly it is great! I missed my 'Mamma Monday' post yesterday and you know what? It worked out perfectly because the more I thought about it the topic it really is for everyone and after yesterday I have new thoughts to share that I wouldn't have before.

I want to share with you the importance of fellowship. Having friends isn't about having the coolest 'squad' or 'tribe' ugh social media can add pressures and expectations and just lies about life! It's about having sisters in Christ to bear each others burdens and to 'show up'. God did not create us to live in solitude but to commune together.


As hard as it was in high school, it's just as hard as adults to develop friendships. And with the seasons of our lives relationships look different and often some end.  Let me say this, the world shows us an ugly picture of what friendship looks like (real housewives of ...) but IRL they are full of encouragement and love.

In my 20's and first half of my 30's fellowship happened so freely whether it was shopping, dinners, workouts or even weekends away. As a Mamma I have found that fellowship is planned (nap times and babysitters rule) and take place on playgrounds, in our homes and occasionally out on the town and gracious those nights are exciting!

God uses people in your life for his purpose. And liking each other's posts on FB and Instagram is NOT fellowship. There is great reward in face to face time.
It's challenging at any age. Everyone has responsibilities.
FYI: I HATE the phrase 'I'm busy'!!!

Here are some ways to incorporate fellowship in your life:

Join a Nonprofit / Volunteer
     I joined the Junior League of Charlotte back in 2009 and love it more and more each year.  It's rewarding giving back to my community in so many ways, I've developed leadership skills and met so many wonderful ladies along the way.  I also contribute to 3 other nonprofits in my area.

Find an organization that matches with your interests.

Participate in Gym Classes / Exercise Groups
     I love taking classes at the gym.  They're challenging and keep workouts exciting.  You can also make friends!

Sunday School Class & Bible Study
    Participating in Ladies ministry has been the most impactful and encouraging aspect of my life. We gain so much from each other as we study.  And the food these Southern ladies make is always a treat! That's saying a lot because I'm the farthest thing from a foodie. When it's my turn to bring a dish I definitely purchase from a local store. BSF is a wonderful bible study that's national.

MOPS
   I just recently joined MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) and LOVE it! The gals all live close and most have children at Vivian's school.  We're all in the same boat and it's nice to support one another in this season. It's a national group too!

I've also met other Mammas at story time/library, at the pool and through preschool. Don't hesitate to exchange phone numbers when you meet someone you connect with. It's not creepy it's friendly.

Whether its a bunco group, book club or trivia team, just fellowship!


You can't love on others or be blessed by others hiding in your room with Netflix.
You won't be lifted up and encouraged through the joys and hardships of life by yourself.

Before you were a mother, a wife or professional you were a woman created by God to glorify Him in great ways.  Make fellowship one of those!

Dress Beautifully in Fellowship

XOXO Sarah-Louise






No comments: