Sep 24, 2019

Toddler Toys

What a terrific Tuesday it is! And if you're feeling like yours isn't so terrific stop for a minute and remember your blessings.  You are privileged to get to do all the things you do.

This morning after taking Vivian to her classroom I gathered with the Mammas of the other students in her preschool class over coffee to get to know one another.  It was so sweet!  I'm a super extrovert so I get extra excited to meet new people and join in on social engagements but I'm also aware that not everyone is comfortable in those situations.  We were all welcoming and friendly to one another as our tots brought us together to a table of common ground.  We are all navigating life with littles full of energy.  While our families look different, some of the mammas have 3 children, some have 2 and two of us only had 1, we were all helpful in giving advise and encouragement.
We also all live very close in neighborhoods less than a mile apart.

I shared with you gals the importance of fellowship last week on this post and I can't emphasize enough just how valuable community is.  I know that we all left the table with more smiles and laughs than most Tuesday mornings and with the feeling that our village grew.
We all had long to-do lists and preschool time is our most valuable hours but the time together was 100% worth it.

She was a superstar at school today so a quick swing was earned before nap time!

Let's back up several days .... This past weekend we traveled to the NC coast to visit Vivian's Grandparents. Traveling with a little can create stress or anxiety but I've been working hard to stay calm and keep 'what-ifs' at bay. I packed and prepared and she did wonderfully!
Jamming out to Taylor Swift's new album kept both our spirits up during the horrible interstate traffic.

Now that she's approaching 2 (I can't even believe it) she's branching out when it comes to toys.

Here are some that we've added lately that are fun, incorporate learning and will grow with her ....
We try and play outside as much as possible!


This bubble machine is the BEST!  She loves the little jars of bubbles with the wands but this is extra special and she just runs and runs in them. 


This barn is just like the one her Daddy had as a little boy.  It has animals and lots of latches for her to learn to open and close. She loves to carry it around despite that it's heavy and nearly as big as she is.


She even tries to get the cat to play with her.


And then there's play doh.  Her Aunt Rebecca gave her a single purple jar of this magic in her Easter basket and it's truly her most prized possession.  She carries it around everywhere.
We bought her 2 new jars this weekend.



This tractor set came recommended by one of my most favorite fellow bloggers.  Do Say Give has lots of wonderful information on motherhood and gifting.
She loves the animal sounds and music but just don't push the button that makes it move - she's terrified! haha



Sidewalk chalk is a great toy because it's usable, washable, doesn't clutter your home and adds so much cheer to our property.  I smile every time we get in the car to leave or arrive home.


This magic coloring mat uses pens with water! It helps with coloring skills and doesn't make a mess. We also use these small pads when on the go or out to eat.


The gal loves to play ball



Whenever she's out and about with me she loves to carry a purse! Be still my heart little mini! I've been letting her play with some of my smaller inexpensive bags. 
I'm getting her this purse for Christmas


Her favorite toy of all time is still books! She will let me read to her over and over and over again (I've actually hid some just to give myself a break)
We keep a stack in the car.


Praise for the balloons at Nordstrom! They make her day!


Since I'm against clutter, I'm strategic about what toys actually live in our home.  I leave things like this cash register that she loves for the library and school. But may be worth having if you have multiple children. 


She loves to push things like this popper. Probably because she sees me keeping our floors clean. We have this one and love it but there are tons of options for push toys here.

We also just got her these blocks that keep her very entertained!

Each child is different and plays differently. Some of the best toys aren't toys at all.  Vivian is thrilled with the contents of our recycle bin or a stack of solo cups.

Melissa & Doug and Lakeshore have some of my favorite toys! 


Dress Beautifully and Play!

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: