Jun 29, 2014

2014 Half Way Check Up

We're Half Way into 2014 .... Proof that Time Does Fly When You're Having Fun!

One of my Very First Posts was Sharing my Goals for 2014, and #1 on the List was Publishing this Blog on Dressing Beautifully, Hosting Gracefully, and Celebrating Cheerfully.

I find that the Keys to Reaching Your Goals are:
Accountability (Telling a Friend & Writing them Down), Creating Visual Reminders and Periodical Check-Ups to Track Your Progress.....

I Shared Mine with Mr, Friends, Family & You - My Blog Followers.


Create & Develop Style Blog 'Dress Beautifully'
This is my 90th Blog Post and I'm having More Fun with Every Post I Write & Share
I want to Continue Inspiring Gals to Dress Beautifully 
I also want to Incorporate More Posts on Beauty, Home Design, and being a Graceful Host
Please Send Suggestions! 

No Self-Spending for 3 Months
I Refrained from Any & All Personal Spending 
   Clothes, Shoes, Handbags, Jewelry, Beauty Products & Accessories
I SURVIVED!
I Truly was Humbled and Found New Appreciation for and Ways to Style Pieces Already in my Wardrobe
Truth: I did Thoroughly Enjoy Brining Home Shiny New Pieces for Spring Come April :)

Read at Least 1 Book per Month
I Did A Lot of Fun Reading (I'm a Chick Lit Kind of Gal)

Mary Kay is A Southern Favorite!
I've Read ALL of Emily's Books - Sadly this one was not a fav 


Jen Lancaster is HILARIOUS - You Will LOL!!!

 
I Read this for my Very 1st Book Club - Fun & Great Discussion! 

I'm adding More Mary Kay Andrews & Jennifer Weiner Books to my List. 

Drink More Water
I've Always Struggled with This! Water is the Only Liquid I Drink (Besides Strong Black Coffee and Tall Glasses of Champagne) but I Don't Drink Nearly Enough.  I Have a Water Bottle with me Always at the Gym and Have Made Efforts to Use One Throughout the Day. 

This One Makes Drinking Water So Chic


 New Career
Still Praying for a Door to Open!!! God Shifts Us Where He Needs Us!  
Silver Lining - For 5 Years Now I've Served on Non-Profit Boards and this Year I'm President of a Nonprofit that Services Military Families - Honored to Lead Such a Great Group!

Watch Less Bravo TV
I've not only Eliminated my Bravo Time but I Find I Watch Very Little TV ....  I've Been Spending More Time with Mr, Gal Pals, Family, and Enjoying Outdoor Coastal Living!


I'm going to Keep Working on these Goals Throughout the Year & My Summer List Full of Fun in the Sun ... Have I Mentioned I Love Lists?!! :)


Goals aren't Just for New Years 
Starting Something New & Challenging can be 
Lots of Fun & Very Rewarding!

XOXO Sarah Louise






2 comments:

kbreiff said...

I have almost all of the Jennifer Weiner books and LOVE them! Happy to share!

Anonymous said...

We have the same interest in books, that's for sure!