Jun 17, 2014

Trumpet Skirt

Minis may not be my Favorite, but Flippy Minis I Adore!

Technically, this Mini Skirt is Called a 'Trumpet' Skirt for it's Bell Shaped Hemline ... 'Flippy' is just soooo much Cuter 
Confession: I have this skirt in several colors - Yes, you most certainly can buy multiples! 

This Skirt is Flattering and a Favorite for these Reasons: 
- Sits mid-Rise on my Waist allowing me to Tuck in Blouses
- Flat Fitted Top 
- Two Fun Ruffled Panels at the Hem for Fun Flirty Twirling

Having a Red Mane doesn't Hinder my Love for Red, but I do Play Favorites with Shades.  Poppy is on the Favorite List because it's Bright with a Hint of Orange.

I've Expressed my Love to You for this Top that I've Styled as a 'Faux Crop' Top in a Previous Post by simply Tucking in the Underneath Shell Allowing the Structured Eyelet to Lay Over. 

Crop Tops are a Huge Trends this Season but Styling is Key.  Hollywood can Make Anything Look Fabulous but Appropriate for the Real World - Not Always.  

So if you like the Look of a Crop Top Here are a Few Tips:
- Wear a Structured Boxy Top (Maybe even hem it an inch or 2)
- Since your Top Piece is Not-so-Fitted Your Bottom Piece Should be 
- Make Sure if You Choose a Skirt that's at Least to the Knees or Long Pants
- Make it a High Rise for Your Skirt or Pant 

It's All about Balance Ladies - The Illusions of a Shorter Top without Actually Showing Skin

Lately, I'm Obsessed with Pairing Turquoise with Red & with Kendra Scott Earrings (Multiples are ok here too!) 

The Colors in this Look 'Poppy Cream & Turquoise' Both Saturated and Bright add a Tonal Spin on the Traditional 'Red White & Blue'
Try Tweaking the Shades of Traditional Color Combinations for a New Fresh Color Palette. 





Eyelet Top - Similar
Flippy Mini Skirt- J Crew
Turquoise Earrings - Kendra Scott
Wedges - Kate Spade Similar



Twirl in a Trumpet Skirt 

XOXO Sarah Louise










No comments: