Jun 6, 2014

Resort Tunic

Tunics are a Terrific! You Need One or 3!!

Tunics are Essential for Resort Wear.  They're Easy Breeze and Effortlessly Chic

Tunics are Great for Summer because they are Generally made of Light Fabrics such as Linen Keeping You Cool in the Heat.  Tunics are also Great for Extra Comfortable Coverage after Days in the Sun, Shading your Skin or Freckles in my Case :)

I like Tunics that have Interest & Detailing, Such as Grosgrain Piping on the Hems, Hardware at the Neckline or Pretty Embroidery.  

Tunics are Typically Cut in a Longer Length with a Trumpet Shape on the Body Emphasizing the Waist.  That Same Bell/Trumpet Cut is almost always found on the Sleeves at a 3/4 Length.  It's One of my Favorite Sleeve Lengths (along with Elbow Sleeves) Because it Showcases the Smallest Part of a Gal's Arm and Allows for Featuring Wrist Baubles. 

My Favorite Pairings are Shorts & White Jeans.  Since Tunics do Provide Coverage go Ahead and Show your Legs BUT make sure your Tunic Hem is Shorter than your Shorts 
(the "I'm not sure if she's wearing something underneath" is not a Classy Look) 
A Tunic Shouldn't be Longer than the Bottom of your Hips otherwise You Risk Shortening the Line of Your Body & Overwhelming with Fabric. 

This Tunic is a Navy Linen with a Coral Reef Design Embroidery in a Luster White.

I Found this Pretty Piece at my Favorite NC Boutique for over 10 Years 'Charlotte's'  I'm Loyal When it Comes to Fabulous Things!  It's Made by Gretchen Scott. I've Come to Love her Designs and have several in my Closet. 



Shorts - J Crew
Gold Sandals - Jack Rogers



Look Terrific in a Tunic

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: