Jun 18, 2014

Faux Tan

There are Few Times when Faux is Better than the Real Thing ... In this Case Faux is Actually Better!!

For this Fair, Freckly Red Haired Gal, Faux Tanning Offered the Impossible Summer Glow

I Love my Freckles - I call them 'Sun Kisses'.  I'm Sprinkled Head to Toe in Orange Spots that Multiple and Mush Together Under Sunshine Giving me a Splotchy Hint of Color.  

I'm just not made for Bronzy Brown Skin but I can Fake it :)

I've Tried all Kinds of Sprays Lotions & Wipes over the Past 7 Years, and I'm Pretty sure I've got this Body Painting Down to an Art 

You can also try Spray Tanning Booths or a Personal Air-Brushed Tan at a Salon.  I Opt for Spray Tans when Vacationing for an All-Over Color when I'm Strutting in a Swimsuit.  
Note: Be Careful if you're a Water Baby it may Wash it off!

Faux Tanning is like Make-Up, it's a Personal Preference.  Thankfully over the Years there has been lots of Advancements and Product Lines to choose from that No Longer give you the 'Umpa-Lumpa' Orange Look. 

Here are Some Factors to Consider when Choosing a Faux Tan:
- Tint - Allows you to See Application Placement
- Smell - Dont' Torture yourself with an Offensive Scent 
- Application - It should be Easy to Cover and Absorb Quickly 
- Transfer Resistance -  You Want it on Your Skin not Your Clothes & Furniture 
- Color - A Shade Darker than Your Natural - Orange is Not Natural nor is Dark Brown if Your Fair

These are Faux Tan Products in my Beauty Shop


1. Sally Hansen - Leg Make-Up 
    This is not Faux Tan, It's a Body Spray-paint
    I spray it on my legs in Pieces - Rapidly Rubbing it in
    I like this Product more for Winter when I want to Skip Panty Hose 
    It's Great for a Special Occasion when you Need 1 Time Color

2. Bare Minerals - Body Tanner 
    This Tinted Lotion Absorbs into the Skin and Lasts for Days
    Multiple Applications will Intensify Color
    It's Paraben Free, Doesn't Smell Bad (to me), & Tinted for Application
    If transfer to Clothing happens it washes out Completely! 
**FAVORITE** It's been a must in my Beauty Regime for over 5 years!
    
3. Bare Minerals - Face Tanner
    This Product is Very Similar to the Body Tanner
    It's a Lighter Intensity - Eliminates the Need for as much Make-Up
    Use Sparingly - Try Mixing it with your Moisturizer 
    
4. Loreal - Bronzing Towelettes 
    Great for Travel - Less Messy over Lotions 
    Wipes are not Tinted so Apply Carefully 
    Absorbs into Skin and Lasts for Day 

 St Tropez - Body Moisturizer  is next on my list to try - Heard Great things!


Tips for Fool Proof Faux Tanning:
1.  Exfoliate Skin 
2. Shave Skin Where Appropriate
3. Skin should be Clean, Dry & Free of Other Products
4. Apply in Sections Thoroughly
5. Concentrate on Main Areas - Lightly Apply Residuals to Feet, Knees, Elbows for Blending
6. Wash Hands Frequently During Application to Avoid Stained Hands
7. Allow Product to Absorb before Dressing
8. Avoid Sweating & Water Exposure
9. Wear Sunscreen when Exposed to Sun (Remember You're not Really Tan)
10. Re-Apply for a more Intense Bronze


Ladies Choose Faux Over Real when it Comes to Tanning.  
It Doesn't Include Wrinkles, Painful Burns or Harmful Cancer Causing Side Effects!! 

Faux is Fabulous!

XOXO Sarah Louise


No comments: