Jun 23, 2014

Wear to Work - Black & White

Black & White are at the Top of the List for Classic Color Combinations.

The Contrast between the Lightest of Lights and Darkest of Darks makes for a Sharp Look.

In my Stylish Opinion Audrey Hepburn Defined the Black & White Look making it a Timeless Classic.  

I Styled this Black & White Pairing for a 'Wear to Work' Look.  And in Fitting with the Summer Heat I Choose Cotton & Linen Fabrics to Keep me Cool and Took a Risk with a Tee over a Button Up.  A Charcoal Grey, a Lighter Shade of Black, Made for a Subtle Tonal Palette. 

Opting for a Tee can be Tricky yet Modern Worn with Suiting.  

Tips: 
Avoid Crew Necks - Looks too much like an Undershirt 
Thicker Fabrics - Camouflage the Fact it's a Tee as well as Undergarments
Hint of Stretch - Looks less Casual and Slouchy as well as Maintaining a Fitted Shape

Blazers are an Addiction for Me 
Confession:  I'm Afraid to Count how many Hang in my Closet 

This White Linen Blazer is Most Loved for Spring & Summer because it's:
White - my Favorite Color to Wear
Tipped in Black Grosgrain - Creates Interest & Detailing
Has Functional Brass Buttons - Ability to Roll Cuffs - Great for Gals with Petite Arms 

Another Summer Trick - Peep Toe Pumps Over Closed Toe Give More Air Flow 

For the Finishing Touches, I Coiffed my Mane in a Polished Pony and Added Pops of Red in my Sunglasses, Lipstick & Nail Polish.  I added some Shine with Gold Hoop Earrings and a Arm's Full of Sophistication with my Prada Bag. 




Linen Tipped Blazer - J Crew (now at Factory)
Black Pencil Suit Skirt - Similar
Charcoal Grey Tee - Target
Black Peep Toe Pumps - Similar
Gold Hoop Earrings - Kate Spade   Sunglasses - Similar
Essie Polish - Clambake   Red Lips - 'Lippy' by Butter London
Handbag - Prada 




Dress Beautifully this Summer & Always
in Classic Black & White 

XOXO Sarah Louise





No comments: