Jun 11, 2014

Gemstone Mini

All Gals Love Gems!  It's the Sparkle, the Colors, the Shimmering Facets; Gems are just so Fancy!

So I Decided that Strutting in this Skirt's Gemstone Pattern was a Must!

I've been a Solids Gal Practically my Whole Life but Over the Past 3 Years I've been Embracing Pretty Prints and I must Say my Looks have New Life and are Much more Interesting.  The Trick I've Found, is to Find the Prints You Love ( For me it's Houndstooth, Gingham, Geometrics, and Small Florals)

This Geometric Mini wasn't "Love on the Mannequin" but in Efforts to Stretch Myself I had the Sales Associate Place it in my Wardrobing Room.

I've been Obsessed Over Silk Strappy  Camisoles ... Especially in Bright Colors with Adjustable Straps (No 2 Gals Fit the Same so Adjustments Make for an Assured Fit)

Minis can be Tough. They Require Confidence.  I'm a 'to the Knee' when it Comes to Hem Lines.  But in All Honesty, for Petite Gals a Few Inches Above the Knee is Elongating.  
Tip:  Where Nude Shoes & a Coat of Tanning Lotion - Both Give the Illusion of Long Lean Legs 

Because there are so Many Colors in this Skirt I Kept my Top Solid & Bright.  Whatever Color you Choose will Influence the Palette of the Skirt.  

Instinctively I Paired a Cobalt Blue Cami Matching the Hints of Blue in the Skirt.  But I was in a Pink Mood and instead of "Matching"  I went with a Shade.  There is a lot of Blush Pink, so I Opted for a Darker Pink. Now the Skirt Presents more of a Pink Appearance.  

White, Brown, Navy and Chambray are also Great Pairing Shades.  Opt for a Button Down for a more Conservative Look or a Basic Tee and Flats for a Casual Look.

This Look was Perfect for a Night Out with my Gal Pals! 





Hot Pink Silk Cami - J Crew
Geometric Mini Skirt - J Crew
Pumps - Nine West 


Shine Like a Gem in this Mini 

XOXO Sarah Louise







1 comment:

Dominican Blue Amber said...

Great blog and I like communicate with you for inform to you that We are wholesales of dominican blue amber from Spain to the rest of the world. We sell to amber collectors, traders, wholesalers, juwelry shops, carvers, etc. Our dominian blue amber stones, dominican blue amber beads and dominican blue amber pendants and this is my web site: https://dominicanblueamber.weebly.com