Mar 25, 2015

Culottes


Culottes are Back!!

I called my Mamma while shopping to inform her that I was about to buy my first pair of culottes.  Her reaction: 'don't do it!' See, my Mamma wore culottes a lot when I was younger and is appalled at the turnover of trends.  I'm starting to understand as I see the 80's & 90's fashion return, bringing back the memories of 'not-so-cool' styles.  Is this a sign I'm aging?!!! 

I believe that recycling trends from decades past can be a good thing.  It's like a do-over, a chance to get it right.  The key is to keep it modern, and flattering.  

Culottes are garments that hang like a skirt but are actually pants - creating functionality and comfort.    The hem should hit right below the knee to avoid shortening the line of the body.  The wide flowy leg is chic but you don't want too much volume so keep the fabric light and the fit on the hips tailored. 

Here's the BEST part about these culottes ... I scored these for a whopping $5 on the clearance rack at Marshalls!! #winning ... Now I understand their slogan/hashtag "FabFound".  

I kept this look clean in classic black and white and added a pop of hot-pink with shiny patent pumps. 







Bow Blouse: Similar & Here || Culottes: Similar & here & here || 
Pink Pumps: Nine West || Sunglasses: Target || 

Dress Beautifully in Culottes

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: