Mar 27, 2015

On Track


This week I've been all about getting back 'on track'.  Mr and I traveled to Charlotte last week/weekend (my home with the exception of undergrad and fingers crossed our soon to be home!!) to see our family & friends before he's gone for the next several months with very tiny breaks - duty calls! 

I have a horrible habit of not unpacking for several days - confession: sometimes a week.  It drives us both crazy to bring home clutter and disarray.  My sleep and routine are always off when I travel. I live on a fairly strict routine - type A for sure! So needless to say I love going away but happy to be back to the same old schedule.  

Mondays are getting back into the swing of things but Fridays, those are all about the finish.  You spend all week trying to stay on track with tasks and responsibilities, and then it's time to wrap it all up and cheers to the weekend!  

What better way to get weekend ready then in a comfy pair of track pants.  They're an in-between trouser and yoga pant.  Please don't wear yoga pants outside of the gym ... it's a HUGE pet peeve of mine! I could elaborate but it just makes me cringe. Just Don't Do It!!

Ok back on topic, track pants, I like pairing them with a stiletto heel - contrasting the comfy with the dressy.  They're drapey so plenty of room but have a fitted waist and ankle cuffs to create shape. 
Truth: I kinda feel like a bad-a when I wear these.

I kept the look simple with a soft tee and denim jacket.  And this bag! Seriously one of my new favs and totally unlike my go-to purse style.  All my bags are structured and ladylike but this one brings sass with it's zippered hardware and fringe details.  The leather, woah it's like butter! 

I'm back on the road this weekend to Raleigh to celebrate one of my dear friends/bridesmaid as she shops for her wedding dress ... Cheers to the Weekend - Celebrate Cheerfully!






Basic Tee: Target || Track Pants: Marshall's Similar & HereHere, & Here || Denim Jacket: Gap ||
Black Pumps: Nine West || Handbag: Rebecca Minkoff || 

Dress Beautifully in Track Pants

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: