Mar 18, 2015

Minted


I know Spring isn't officially here until Friday but I just couldn't wait to bust out the pastels! 

I first spotted this mint mini skirt the day the catalog arrived in my mail box - I even shared it with you in an Instagram post.  I had ordered the skirt the next day and sizes were already sold out! 

I love the thick ribbed fabric giving the skirt lots of structure.  I also like that it has an inverted front pleat and straight backing. It presents a slight flare shape without too much volume.  I don't like my skirts & dresses too full (I have enough curve of my own).  The front pockets are a functional and fun detail.  

I wanted to embrace the soft pastel shades of Spring so I paired it with a pale yellow striped french cuffed dress shirt. This one had extra details with double layered cuffs & collar.  I can't adequately express my love for Brooks Brothers' dress shirts (I have A TON!!!)  They are sharp, comfortable and travel nicely.  Speaking of Brooks Brothers, these shoes are at the top of my favorites to strut in.  Navy and white is one of my most adored color combinations and in the perforated spectator heel,  be still my heart!  

Ladies, don't leave the french cuffs for just the menfolk, I have my own collection of cufflinks.  They come in almost any design you could imagine nowadays.  Add a professional accessory to your look for the office. 

This mint mini is polished enough for work and playful enough for the weekend. 

For outside the workplace I plan to top this mint skirt with a floral blouse & wedges for day time shindigs or a striped tee and flats for causal errands.

I transition most of my pieces for multiple occasions making the most out of my wardrobe.









Photos BMD

Mint Mini Skirt: J Crew - Similar || French Cuff Dress Shirt: Brooks Brothers - Similar || 
Spectator Pumps: Brooks Brothers Similar || Sunglasses: Target || 
Necklace: Stella & Dot || Earrings: Stella & Dot || Polish: Essie || 

Dress Beautifully in a Mint Mini 

XOXO Sarah Louise

1 comment:

ignacio pacheco said...

love use more shirt popped collar and take collar so cute and perfect on you ... do a outfit shirt under t-shirt please thanks