Oct 10, 2017

Mamma Monday: Vivian's Nursery Design

Gals, this week’s ‘Mamma Monday’ post didn’t get posted yesterday – oops.  Forgive me.

The weekend was ROUGH – I was in bed and sick on my stomach ALL day Saturday (I’m constantly telling myself that this baby girl does in fact love me and that I love carrying her - #theStruggleisReal ).  I’m giving up on hoping the sickness with improve but I still battle the frustration of my low productivity levels.  I want to do so much but my body will not let me. Lots of prayer happening!

This week, I want to share with you Vivian’s nursery design.  It was inspired by this Pinterest pic my gal pal showed me last year…


Lavender with pops of tangerine orange.  It was different yet still feminine.  I instantly knew this was the palette for a girl’s nursery. With my own spin on it of course!

Here’s the design I created of what her nursery will actually look like ….


For the walls I chose Sherwin Williams color ‘Inspired Lilac’ a super pale shade of lavender. Lighter is better with paint.

I’ve added pink in the lamp and rug and kept the orange to a minimum with greek key trim on ivory silk drapes, a Hermes decorative box and flecks of light orange in the rug.

The rug is even prettier in person, soft and much lighter in color than online.  It pulls in all 3 colors lavender, pink and orange in a traditional design.

I’m not a big fan of nursery furniture as it is temporary so I opted to incorporate what I have and my traditional taste and am using my antique buffet as the changing table.  It also breaks up all the pale hues with its rich dark wood.

I’m adding touches of gold and glam in the lighting, mirror, pouf ottoman, small side table and frames.

The crib is a classic – just like the one I had as a baby but in white.

The chair swivels and rocks – this piece of furniture is not designed specifically for a nursery. When I found it I felt like I was sitting on a cloud and I seriously wanted to close my eyes for a cat nap right in the store.  For fear of embarrassment I didn’t.  You can choose from over 80 fabrics.  I went with a textured cream. I have plans for this chair to one day be my reading chair in our master bedroom.  

For art I’m adding our Anne Neilson painting of angels, and pieces my Mamma and sister have painted.

FYI I have a slight obsession with Jellycat stuffed animals! She already has 4 J

Everything has been purchased for her room with the exception of ordering the chair and gold pouf.  We hope to begin decorating in the next week now that our living room renovation is almost complete – I need to share that fun project with you!

I can’t wait to share the finished room with you later this month!!!

I hope you like it – check out my Nursery Pinterest board and my Maternity Style Board for inspiration!

Dress Your Nursery Beautifully

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: