Oct 24, 2017

Sweatshirt


Today's look is a bit different.  I haven't worn a true 'sweatshirt' since my college days and the two I had advertised my college and sorority.

When I think of sweatshirts I think of old school casual.  Well here lately not only have I embraced soft and comfy garments but I've noticed so has the fashion industry.

Sweatshirts are out on the racks but in a decorative way.  Basically designers have taken the long sleeve tee and incorporated the prints and embellishments onto a sweatshirt.  They've also made efforts to make the sweatshirts more fitted.

You gals know I love a good leopard print so this creamy, comfy number got my attention.  I used to never embrace a top that wasn't tailored - these days it's all about the loosey-goosey to accommodate this baby bump.

Now, I did put my SL style touches by layering a crisp white shirt underneath with statement cuffs exposed for a more dressy and polished look.
Dark jeans and burgundy booties finish it off.
I don't see why you couldn't also pair with black trousers for the office - the dress code rules soften when your expecting. Except no matter what, NO leggings. UGH Why ladies?! I can't get into it but please I can't say it enough - Leggings are NOT pants! Just NO!

I will say I'm not a fan of tees, tanks nor sweatshirts with catch phrases on them - we are not teenagers! Unless you're wearing it at the gym, that I'm down with.
Opt for a sweatshirt that has embroidery or even beading on it and keep the rest of your look put together with jeans so that you don't look like you stepped out of the 90's in a sweat suit.

I foresee this sweatshirt being a go-to this Winter season. Even after baby girl arrives it will be a nice top to throw on and still be comfortable & stylish as my figure adjusts.








Dress Beautifully in a Sweatshirt

XOXO Sarah Louise

2 comments:

Emily said...

I bought the same sweatshirt a couple of months ago and love wearing it over a chambray button up! Looking fabulous, Mama!

Dress Beautifully said...

Great minds style alike! I'm going to have to pair it over my denim shirt :) Thanks fellow Mamma - so sweet we are braving this adventure at the same time!! XOXO