Feb 4, 2019

Mamma Monday: Anxious Free Heart

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Yesterday in Sunday school this was the passage I taught my middle school class on.
Yesterday's lesson wasn't just for them, in fact God gave that lesson to me!


I've heard these 2 verses many times and had the attitude of 'yeah yeah I know be grateful and give your situation to God. Don't stress.' Well, I'm a very type-A person/control freak. It has been easy for me to be that way for nearly 15 years. I did what I wanted, when and how I wanted to do it. Mr was long distance for nearly 10 of those years so even he wasn't a huge factor. I worked hard and focused on my career.

Then came our years in military and a deployment. No Control. Talk about being anxious with your husband in the Middle East! But I still went about my day-to-day working hard and staying hopeful.

Then came baby Vivian Louise! ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL!
Now I must say, she's just like her Mamma. She thrives on schedule and routine and follows it 99% of the time.
She sleeps like a hibernating bear ~16 hours a day!
She's never cries! Just a whine every now and then when she's hungry or tired. She's truly a joyful happy baby. Don't hate me :)


But she's not the best eater. Which is hilarious because I wasn't either as a baby nor am I now. We both don't care about food. She's moody about it. She'll love something one feeding but the next she may hate it. It drives me crazy when she throws food on the floor! I hate the mess!!!
She's also a wiggle worm which creates more mess.

Sure I worried before her, about hitting the sales numbers and landing a new account at work, about my family members, about Ryan etc..

But with Vivian Louise it's so much bigger. She's the greatest gift; a blessing beyond words. She's our responsibility and we want to raise her in a manner that glorifies God.
Biggest and most rewarding job.


And with such a great treasure comes great worry. Big and little. Her health, development the list is endless.

Here's an example of my every day worries ...

I worry since she's never been sick (again don't hate me) when it's going to happen. I catch myself compromising my workouts to avoid the gym daycare (in my defense it is flu season)
I worry that she doesn't eat enough when I know she eats plenty and it's all very nutritious.
Mr constantly reminds me that babies won't starve and that she's tiny.
I worry about her falling - she's not even walking yet! And I'm a horrible mother that hasn't ordered a baby gate for the stairs. Add that to my list today.
I worry I won't be able to finish the tasks I want to complete during her nap times. I don't consider this selfish. I'm a happy Mamma when I do things for me.


My point today is to encourage you to stop all the worrying because you're not trusting God. There are so many 'what if's' out there that you'll drive yourself crazy.
Talk to God when you start to get flustered.
He will guard your heart.

It's easy to complain about our situations and compare to others but stop and be grateful for where you are and what you have. You are blessed beyond measure!

Dress Beautifully Mammas with a Grateful Anxious Free Heart

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: