Feb 11, 2019

Mamma Monday: Me Time

Happy Monday gals! While children get a lot (feels like ALL) of our attention, time and energy it's important to give yourself some too. You may already feel spread thin but organizing your schedule with allotted time to do things you love that fulfill you is important.

Vivian Louise's first year was so challenging in finding time for myself to do the things I love.  But now I feel I'm getting better at balancing.  I don't get to invest in ALL the things I'd like to but I'm managing to have me time more consistently.

I use this planner to keep track of the to-do's


I love that it holds a picture of my cutie pie!

First I prioritize the things that are a MUST:

1. Bible study
Every Tuesday evening and daily devotionals. Usually in the mornings before she wakes up so I start the day off right. Thank goodness I have the best babysitter!  This is important Mammas.  They are lifesavers and the freedom givers :)


Currently doing this bible study with the ladies at my church

2. Exercise
Everyday! Being strong and healthy is everything to me.  I've shared with you before how I absolutely hate working out at home however I've had to be flexible. And I've learned new ways to really challenge myself outside of the gym. So when I can't make it I will get dressed and set up my weights/equipment prior to nap so I can start my sweat session as soon as she's in her crib.


JUST DO IT
Yes, I work out in my closet when I can't get to the gym.
My desk is also in here - perfectly fitting I think

3. Dressing
I believe that getting dressed is valuable to your self confidence.  Even if I'm not going out I shower put some light make up on, coif my mane and put on clothes. And by clothes I do NOT mean leggings or gym clothes (ONLY for exercising). I wear jeans (not my designer ones) and a comfy cotton top, usually from Target. Just because you're a Mamma doesn't mean you have to be a hot mess!





Extras
4. Blog
I'm really working hard to get in 3 posts a week and so far so good.  It's been tight but I'm managing. I have to make the most of nap times to sit at my computer and write. One of my goals in 2019 is consistency. While this is for me, my hope is that it is an avenue to serve others.  To encourage and inspire.  Even if it's just one gal :)


5. Correspondence
Oh the art of a hand written note!  I'm obsessed with the mail, and so is baby girl.  We make friends with our mail carrier and wait for him every day.  We collect our surprises (mostly junk) and go through it before it goes into recycle.  She loves the packaging and I love the packages. haha
I want to share that enthusiasm and make it a point to send hand written notes in the mail to those that are on my heart.  It changes every week. Maybe it's a birthday card or a thank you or even a funny card with some encouragement. Whatever you send I promise it will be a blessing!
Tip:  Keep box sets of note cards that suit your personality (homegoods is a great place to buy) in your desk.  Trader Joe's is a great place to get very pretty cards for $0.99.


Sent out a bunch of Valentines to Vivian Louise's pals this past week

6. Volunteer
I'm a member of the Junior League of Charlotte and a Sunday School teacher. While these are both avenues of service these roles make me feel good to give back to my community.  And teaching middle schoolers about God teaches me just the same!

Two of my students - they adore her!

Now ladies, please let me be clear - I'm not advocating for self absorption.  God created you in his image to serve others but he also blessed you with talents and interests that can align with his plan for you.

Whether your 'Me Time' is a manicure or a nice dinner out, enjoy it! God designed life to be enjoyed.
Just make sure you're not doing any disservice in the process ... don't go out and charge a designer handbag you can't afford or drown yourself in excess booze.

There's a difference between treat yourself and selfishness.  Just check yourself.

Last week a solo trip to the mall :)


PS Make sure you fit husband and wife time in EVERY WEEK!  This isn't an option! Your marriage comes before the children - even if you isolate yourselves in a room (no phones) and talk it's dedicated time. Believe me I do know it's hard Mr works over 200 hrs a month in the ER most of which are night shift.

Use those calendars Mammas and write in ink!
Tip: put your phone away during your 'Me Time'


Dress Your Days Beautifully with Some 'Me Time'

XOXO Sarah Louise

1 comment:

Zumi said...

This is so cute and ideal. Thank you for sharing this with us.


men suit tailor In bangkok