Feb 25, 2019

Mamma Monday: Bag Lady

Pre Mamma life handbags were shiny gems in my closet. Ok, they still are.  I invest in them and purchase them with great intent. I absolutely have champagne taste when it comes to my fine leather goods. I save and typically purchase them once I have earned them by reaching a goal.

These days I'm not traveling to the office with my notepads, planner and business cards. But I am toting around toys, snacks and notepads with to-do lists (Mamma brain is sooooo real).

Handbags and watches fall into the category of every day items that should be selected careful because it's something you will wear/carry with every outfit.
Keep it classy.

So here are some Mamma bags that check both the form and function box:

Totes

Louis Vuitton Neverfull - Mr surprised me with this bag at my baby shower.
I knew if we ever did have a baby this would be my bag.  I'm wasn't a tote kinda gal before hand but let me tell you gals, it's so useful! I opted for the grand size and when I don't need all the room I pull in the side straps.  It's great for travel! This bag is definitely a splurge.


This leather tote is much friendlier on your wallet. It's extremely durable and classic. It will last you decades!
It comes in several color options and you can monogram it.

Backpacks

This small leather backpack is chic and keeps you hands free! All my mamma pals are jumping on this trend. eh, it's not my style but I totally get it, when you're wrangling kiddos this would be a lifesaver.


Now this is technically a 'diaper bag' but who would ever know?!! My gal pal has it and loves it.
You can wear it several ways. Stock it with everything the baby needs and add your wristlet or drop in your wallet, keys phone and a lipgloss and you're off.

Crossbody

I never appreciated the benefit of a crossbody until I had Vivian Louise. Hands free really is necessary. I'm just wearing the handbags I own, I didn't go out and get any. So they are sometimes a bit fancy :)
But that's me. I'm a fancy gal and Mamma. This one is my most casual and I wear it often.


This is an easy category for you to shop but here are some crossbodies by some of my favorite designers: Kate Spade, Rebecca Minkoff, Tory Burch, Madewell, J Crew and if you're really feeling fancy Gucci!

Diaper Bag

This is our diaper bag. Simple and black because I wanted Mr to carry it and for it to endure many years without showing it's age in wear and tear.

Kid Bags

Vivian Louise has this hungry caterpillar mini backpack and here are more options. I use it as her toy bag when we are out or as a quick diaper bag with essentials.

Dress Beautifully with your Mamma Bag

XOXO Sarah Louise


No comments: