Feb 18, 2019

Mamma Monday: Things I Never Thought I'd Do

Mammas, it's a given that motherhood will change you and the things that consume your days. You live by nap schedules, fold so much tiny laundry that you think you are an origami pro, and you clean.  You clean high chairs, baby faces & hands, and you clean baby bottoms. So. many. diapers.
But those aren't a huge shock. You knew that was coming.

But there are some things I never thought I'd do ...

I'm not even going to address the whole nursing/pumping EVENTS because I'd be here all day going on and on about the absolute pain, discomfort, annoyance, and UGHHHH it was for 51 WEEKS. (Yes I'm still waiting on my trophy) Clearly I didn't like it and looking back I'm shocked at what, when and how I did it all but mostly proud beyond measure :)

#1 Clean Poop out of the bath!


On Saturday night I decided to give Vivian Louise a bath. We are trying to be better and do it once a week (see my Confessionals).  Mr almost always gives her a bath.  He absolutely loves it.  But I wanted her to be nice and clean for church Sunday and Mr was working so I decided to do it.
Big Mistake. Big.
She played and splashed and had a fun time until she started to get upset.  I didn't understand so I reached down to see what was the matter and when I lifted her there it was. POOP!
I literally just stood there too shocked to even cry.

I lifted her out and she knew I was panicked. Thank goodness we still use the baby bathtub so I was able to pick that up and dump the water into the toilet (after removing her toys ewwww)
I quickly cleaned her in the big tub.

Mr, my family and ALL my gal pals got the biggest laughs out of the experience. Apparently it happens to all.
Let's just say Daddy will be giving her all the baths without exception for a very long time!

#2 Cook!


Gals, it's no secret how much I despise cooking and anything related to it. I basically avoid all kitchen activities. But feeding baby girl with good nutrition is something I care a great deal about. Ok so feed her healthy. Yeah, that's what I thought. Sigh, she's not an enthusiastic eater. She gets it from her Mamma. I want her to eat clean and all natural like me but I also know babies need a different diet for development and growth.

I know it's not the end of the world.  She's super tiny and doesn't need a lot of food and she won't go hungry. And I'm very grateful that this isn't really a struggle in the grand scheme of things.
She will eventually expand her palate.

So, in efforts to sneak in some extra healthy foods I baked these spinach oat banana muffins  FROM SCRATCH! That's a big deal for me if you couldn't tell.

Ingredients:
– 2 cups, rolled oats
– 2 tblspns, ground flaxseed
– 1 tblspn, chia seeds
– 1 tspn, salt
– 1 tspn, ground cinnamon
– 2 tspn, baking powder
– 1/2 tspn, baking soda
– 1/4 cup, sugar (I use coconut sugar but you could use whatever you want!)
– 1/2 cup, milk (I use almond milk)
– 2 cups, packed spinach leaves
– 1/4 cup butter or ghee (use coconut oil for dairy free!)
– 2 large bananas (the riper the better)
– 2 eggs
– 1 tspn, vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line (or grease) a muffin tin.
2. Put oats in the blender and blend until the oats achieve the texture of flour and then move it into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the rest of the dry ingredients to the oat flour (ground flaxseed, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and sugar). Set aside.
4. Add almond milk, spinach, bananas, and butter to the blender and blend until smooth.
5. Add vanilla and eggs and blend until just combined
6. Pour wet ingredients to dry mixture and combine until lump-free
7. Pour batter into muffin tins and fill about halfway.
8. Bake for 21-24 minutes
9. Cool and enjoy!

**I found this recipe from a fellow blogger here



It's not that I eat convenient foods, in fact I don't eat prepackaged food at all, I just don't do anything other than roast veggies and meat. Literally, it's sad just ask Mr!

And just as you probably have predicted Vivian Louise spit them right out and refuses to eat them.


But that's ok because I LOVE them! They go great with coffee. I even made a second batch today so I could send some home with my Mamma.
She came to visit Vivian Louise today and there are no words to describe the joy I feel seeing how much she loves our baby.


I pray I make my Mamma proud in raising Vivian Louise.

Whatever it is that you do for your baby that surprises you or puts you outside your comfort zone, I promise they're worth it and that you won't break. But you can whine a little :)

I've cooked & cleaned poop ... and I'm pretty sure the adventure has just begun. Stay tuned!

Dress Beautifully in Your Motherhood Adventures

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: