Jan 8, 2020

Big Fun in a Mini Dress


Gals, I decided to have fun with the first outfit post in 2020.  A printed, puff sleeve mini dress!

Note:  These pictures do NOT do it justice, we were fighting a drizzling rain.

While I'll forever believe that classic pieces are best, I'm embracing more modern pieces in prints and with statement details.  This keeps your wardrobe fresh and versatile.

It can often feel that garments with design detail and pretty prints always come with a high price tag. Since money doesn't grow on trees and I find it to be unwise to invest in a piece that has trendy elements and that is specific to certain occasions, you must shop savvy.  I keep my eye on out designer sales on these websites Net-A-Porter, Intermix, Shopbop, Revolve, Saks and Bloomingdales.
That is just how this mini dress came to hang in my closet.

I love the colors, the puffed sleeve and fun flared mini skirt (I had no idea just how mini!).  I'm normally not a fan of tassel ties on the neckline but keeping it open elongates the face and since I'm wearing OTK boots it balances the proportions of exposed skin. Now if I were wearing a heel exposing most of my legs, I may tie it closed.

Let me just address the hem length.  I rarely ever wear pieces above my knees.  My legs are not my favorite but I've been working VERY hard to be grateful and proud to have them healthy and strong.
Gals, don't let your insecurities hold you back from wearing what you want to wear!

In a cotton fabric and mix of bright and contrasting colors this dress can be styled all year long.  I confronted the mini length with an over the knee boot, tights would be great too.  For summer, I'd advise a flat sandal.




This bag was a Christmas gift and I LOVE it! I resembles the Hermes Birkin but at a price that's obtainable and quality that's just as high. Next to white navy/deep blue is my favorite neutral.  It was my Grandma and Mamma's too. This handbag is ladylike and polished but still practical with a detachable crosssbody strap.


I found a fabric that matches the black and white tiny print in the floral design that I'm considering adding to the hem.  This dress has a patchwork construction so I believe it would be easy and I'd be much more comfortable wearing it.




Dress Beautifully in a Mini Dress

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: