Jan 17, 2020

Friday Favorites: Crisp White Shirt

TGIF! What a fun week it has been. Despite an early start with lots of rain, we've had a few days with uncharacteristically warm temperatures for January. I've taken full advantage with running and playing outside with Vivian.

My very first outfit post circa January 2014
I had to start with the foundation piece of my wardrobe
sorry for the blurry photo

It's quite fitting that I kick off this new year with what I feel is the most essential garment every gal should have in their closet; the crisp white shirt! If I could wear just one piece in my closet every day forever, this would be it! It's my favorite and go-to for feeling pretty and polished.
Truth: I have them in great abundance!


circa 2016

A few rules I have are, to exercise caution when pairing with a black trousers.  You could easily create the look of a waiter if not styled sufficiently.  You should never wear one that's stained and you should always, always have the wrinkles ironed out. A little starch never hurt either.

A white shirt is clean, crisp, and classic,  Wearing white illuminates you with a fresh look. It pairs beautifully with everything because its light and bright. There's a level of sharp sophistication that comes with wearing white - especially if you pop the collar and add some shiny gold.
It truly is the most versatile article of clothing.
I often wear white on white and basically glow in my own outfit happiness :)

Wearing white can be intimidating for two reasons. One, because gals tend to think it makes them look bigger.  In the right garments made of quality fabric and in a flattering cut this is NOT the case. Two, because they soil easily. I recommend eating carefully, avoiding messy foods. You can also carry around a stain pen (My Mamma says to always use cold water first) and have Shout in your laundry room.

Since this is my MOST FAVORITE item of clothing I'm sharing 20 that I feel would dress you beautifully .....


Classic Dress Button Up - Non-Iron & Several fit options
This is my all time favorite dress shirt for the office.  It travels beautifully and is just so sharp. I have them in all colors and in stripes.  For white I have a few since they do tarnish faster.
I wear these with suits, layered under dresses and even a pair of distressed jeans.  

Ruffled Collar
I'm obsessed with this 80's throwback collar.  Feminine and makes a statement.


Puff Sleeve
I love the luster and sweet short puff sleeve.


Puff Long Sleeve
This one is very fashion forward making a modern statement.


Shift Mock Neck

Easy, breezy and cool.


Peplum
Amazing lines and structure creating teeny tiny waist.


Funnel Neck
The boatneck opens up your face and neck.


Sweetheart


Ruffle Neck
I've loved this small designer for over 10 years.  Classic and feminine.


Lace
Not your grandma's lace in this oversized floral and ,modern puff sleeve.


3/4 Length Puff Sleeve
This sleeve length is great for working at your desk, elongating the arms and highlighting your bracelets.


Bell Sleeve


Utility
Casual and yet put together.


Tuxedo Bib
A touch of fancy.


Oversized Open Sleeve
I love these sleeves. The large opening is so slimming on the arms


Tunic


Wrap


Cowl Neck


Neck Tie


Peasant
So much feminine detail on this one.

circa 2017



Dress Beautifully in a Crisp White Shirt

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: