Jan 10, 2020

Friday Favorites: Sweaters on Dresses

TGIF! Can you believe we're wrapping up the first full week of 2020?! It's been a good one over here gals. Vivian is back in preschool and I'm hustling away at all the things.  I shared my goals with you here on this post but as for my routine/lifestyle everything is going swimmingly as normal.  I actually made end of year goals back in December to finish 2019 strong and I'm still focused on those here on this post.

I want to address a VERY important concept that I believe strongly in.  Shopping your own closet.  There is overwhelming influence to buy and have more and more. Using pieces you own to create a variety of outfits is best!  I'll write a post elaborating on this later in the month. 

When it comes to winter styling I find that dressing functional for the cold temperature lacks creativity and neglects certain pieces.  Basically, sweaters are paired with pants and dresses don't get worn.

You can be warm and wear dresses by adding a sweater over your dresses.

Here's my style tips:
1. Choose a printed dress (midi length preferred) since most sweaters are solid
2. Boots are great for staying warm and they conceal my very pale legs!
3. A shorter sweater that hits above the hips prevents a slouchy and frumpy look
    option: fold the sweater hem under and possibly pin it to hold
4. Let the collar and/or cuffs of the dress peek out 
5. Sleeveless dresses eliminate the struggle of stuffing sleeves under sleeves

I'm sharing photos of the dresses before I add the sweaters so you can get a better idea of this style concept. 
All of these pieces I already owned in my closet!

Here are 5 ways I've styled sweaters on dresses ...
















Dress Beautifully in Sweaters Over Dresses

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: