Jan 24, 2020

Friday Favorites: Blouses Under Dresses

TGIF! Brrrr it's been a cold week.  And a challenge not being able to play outside with Vivian but there's no shortage of laughter inside where it's warm.

Layering in the winter is my favorite way of styling my outfits because it makes the most out of my wardrobe. A majority of my dresses are sleeveless therefore giving me the option to wear all year long with the addition of pieces underneath and over during the winter months. 

One of my signature style moves is layering blouses underneath dresses. I've been doing it for 15+ years! I don't own a cardigan but I do have plenty of blazers to put over dresses. However I find it's a little more comfortable and easier to move around in blouse or dress shirt. 

A versatile wardrobe not only allows for countless pairing/styling options but also maximizes your monetary investment. These blouses and dresses are great on their own but paired together creates another unique outfit. 

Here are 5 examples of ways I've paired blouses underneath dresses ...

Note: I've had these pieces for many years! While the world is drowning us in influences to have new and more, working with what you have is so much better!

I've linked similar pieces below each picture.


Crisp White Shirt | Leopard Dress | Boots

I like a dress shirt buttoned ALL the way up.  It has a sharp menswear look to it.
I think it'd be fun to add a colored broach at the top.




Snake Blouse | Burgundy Dress | Pumps

This v-neck blouse aligned perfectly with the dress's but if it didn't the blouse would have more showcase.  Pieces don't have to fit like a puzzle.


Pink Blouse | Blue Dress | Burgundy Booties

These two necklines had the same shape but didn't align just right.  So to fill the space I added a very long layered pearl necklace to break it up. 


Bright Printed Blouse | Ivory Dress | Pumps

The clean ivory of this tweed dress really balances the bold colors and print of the blouse.

Dress Beautifully Layering Blouses Under Dresses

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: