Jan 22, 2020

Atypical


Typically, winter fashion consists of dark rich colors, thick soft fabrics and strong bolder patterns.

But I'm not a typical gal, so neither are my outfits. When you dress inside the typical box of the season your wardrobe pieces are limited. Wearing the unexpected can evoke a unique sense of style.

Now of course shorts and linen belong strictly in the Summer however pastels and lace dress beautifully all year long. Approach your wardrobe with a view that extends beyond the typical.
I love wearing lighter colors and patterns so I don't  limit them to just Spring and Summer.  I make them work in the Winter.  This skirt is constructed of a very light corduroy which gives it an appropriate weight for the colder season and light enough for Spring. Now, here in the South we've had some unusually warmer days so I had the luxury of wearing a satin top  however I imagine I'll wear a light colored sweater when I wear this to church on an upcoming Sunday.
A pair of booties will also warm this look up.

Get the most out of your wardrobe by styling pieces across the seasons.

I've shared with you gals about the importance of detail and this outfit embodies just that.  Details are what make outfits interesting and details are what share your personality through your outfit.

The sleeves have layers of ruffles and lace trim while this skirt has a drop waist and asymmetrical lace hem.  Even the floral print is unique it it's vintage design and pastel colors.
These feminine elements definitely speak to things that I love!



When the wind blows up your skirt just right!








Similar BlouseHere | Floral Asymmetrical Skirt - Similar -similar - Similar | Pumps | Handbag |

Dress Beautifully in Atypical Details

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: