Jan 29, 2020

Ivory Romance


Isn't it romantic? The lace, soft sweater and flowy skirt all in a creamy ivory color exude a feminine and light look. I could wear an all white outfit everyday! I find 'Winter white' which is just another term for ivory, cream, or off-white fresh and unexpected during these cold months.  And since down here in the South we don't actually get white Winters we can still have that 'pure as the driven snow' sensation.

While the outfit is monochromatic I did incorporate contrast with the textures of the fabrics & shoes. The delicate lace neckline against the thick pointelle knit (woolen fabric with small eyelet holes) paired with the light pleated skirt creates a balanced combination that keeps you seasonally appropriate.

Now these loafers! My oh my they stopped me in my tracks when I saw them on the table in the shoe department.  First, they're ivory so they spark color joy and second the two toned bit shines so bright and third the block heel elevates to the perfect height.  These are timeless and just so sharp!
The sophisticated, menswear inspired style adds so much chic to so many outfits!

Fashion is out there everywhere but style, style is how you put it all together. For me it's light palettes, feminine details and classic pieces.

Find what speaks to you and wear it beautifully!










Dress Beautifully in Ivory

XOXO Sarah-Louise

No comments: