Jan 13, 2020

Fun Facts

Happy Monday gals! I thought it'd be fun to start this year by sharing some fun facts about myself as a way to get to know me a little better.
You can get the basics on the 'About' section at the top of the blog page.


So here are 20 truths about myself. Hopefully you won't think I'm too bizarre.
Note:  I had my sisters help me write these because they know and love me despite these :)

1. I'm 'Sarah Louise' or even 'SL'. It may seem extra but please use my name correctly. I'm particular about it b/c it means so much to me (I'm the 4th and Vivian is the 5th to carry this middle name).

2. I naturally wake up before the chickens, around 5am.  I'm a morning bird, bright eyed and bushy tailed. I'm more productive in the early hours but gracious I can't keep my eyes open past 9pm.

3. I'm a true extrovert. I'm energized by being around other people.  I can make friends with anyone, don't have a shy bone in my body and have no apprehensions with public speaking. Probably because I have insane amounts of alone time to balance my overly outgoing self.

4. White is my favorite color to wear.  I'd wear it head to toe all year round. Rarely will I wear black and never ever gray. I couldn't possibly have too many crisp white shirts.

5. I wear jeans just chilling around my house. I do NOT wear leggings (they're NOT pants). And don't really own comfy/athleisure wear.

6. I can't wear something with wrinkles.  I iron everything (I'm not crazy enough to iron sheets) especially since I air dry most of my clothing and even folded wrinkles drive me batty.  Ryan's the same so we even travel with our iron.  FYI Rowenta makes the best!

7. My tiny nails must be painted at all times.  I wear Essie 'clambake' the most (I'm on my 4th bottle) and I never wear pale shades of polish (or lipstick).

8. I'm a DIY groomer. Meaning they only thing I pay for are my haircuts which is only about 3-4 times a year.  I don't get my nails done, facials, massages, eyebrows, spray tans etc .... I literally do it all myself with the occasional wax during swimsuit season.

9. I actually love exercising and look forward to working out.  The harder and heavier the better!
What I don't like is working out at home. I'm 100% gym rat or running outside.

10. I have NO fondness for food. NONE. I hate cooking.  I'd rather be doing anything or be anywhere else other than my kitchen. I eat very very clean and to nourish my body. I find it annoying to have to eat and I basically have no taste. Needless to say I don't go out to eat and my meals are very boring.
I do like lemon flavored dessert, especially with a cup of piping hot black coffee in case you were really starting think I wasn't human.

11. I was a US Navy Officer's wife for 4 years (Now Ryan practices medicine in the ER) during which I was president of a military non-profit for a year.  Those years hold some of my best times and gal pals.  I still talk to those wives, most of whom are now in the private sector like us, on a weekly basis. Serving our country and enduring a deployment was the hardest yet most rewarding! Once a Navy wife always a Navy wife.

12. I collect vintage things.  Mainly furniture, table linens, home decor and fashion accessories.

13. I'd wallpaper every single room in our home if Ryan didn't put his foot down against it. UGH
Secret:  I'm wallpapering our entryway (and maybe another room or 2) this year whether he likes it or not!

14. I keep our home very tidy and clutter free. Everything has a home and surfaces are very clear.  There's little evidence outside Vivian's room that a toddler even lives here. On the other hand, I don't scrub our home and have no qualms about germs.  I don't even own hand sanitizer. Before you shiver I do have a a gal that comes and cleans our home regularly. Since I don't like to clean we avoid messes. I save those activities for preschool.

15. I'm a Sunday School teacher for middle school grade students. I've been teaching every Sunday for over 3 years and find that I learn so much from them. I'm so attached to my students and love them as though they were my very own.

16. I'm a science nerd.  I have degrees in Biology pre-medical concentration (I wanted to be an eye doctor), Chemistry (worked as a chemist for 3 years post undergrad) and in Math. I can still draw benzene rings and reactions with my eyes closed.

17. I have a deep affection for sending snail mail. I sign, seal and send handwritten notes off for delivery every week. I do pay almost all our bills online or autodraft, I'm not that archaic. I have an infatuation with the mail service and have made friends with each and every carrier I've ever had. See #3
Vivian loves it too. She even has a play mailbox.

18. I make lots and lots of handwritten lists daily. Is there really anything more satisfying than physically crossing an item off??
I even use a paper planner and have way too many notebooks.

19. I find working outside in our yard (weeding, raking leaves, trimming trees/bushes etc ...) very satisfying and therapeutic.

20. I'm a plant over pets person when it comes to living things in our home. I don't care for fresh flowers because they just die within days, but plants I can enjoy for years and years. I'm not an animal person at all. Probably due to #14
I did have a big long haired cat, Scragley for over 10 years that I took in off the curb on a whim. RIP kitty cat you'll never ever be replaced!

Bonus: I have an obsession with all things Kate Middleton! I totally wish we could be gal pals and that I had her impeccable wardrobe!

And if you're still intrigued read another honest and very raw post on my first year of Motherhood Here!


Whenever you feel that you're not enough or that you don't fit it remember
You are fearfully and wonderfully made by God

Dress Beautifully in Your Uniqueness 

XOXO Sarah-Louise

1 comment:

Adare's Boutique, LLC said...

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

Sympli Travel Wear