Apr 28, 2015

32 & Dancin Like I'm 22

My 32nd birthday was this past Saturday and was such a blessing that I just have to share.

Mr's been away for a month :( he's coming home on Thursday and I can hardly stand it!!! I plan on squeezing the stuffins out of him and basically kissing his face off!! I only have him for 3 days then he's back out but I'm going to cherish each moment.

But I wasn't worried, just as Mr's missed almost all my birthdays for the past 9 years - result of long distance love, my gal pals swoop in every year to celebrate!

It started Friday night with dinner and a sleepover - We watched movies and painted nails - Perfect TGIF!


Lemon Cake with Pink Frosting and Little White Candied Pearls #Perfection


Make a Wish!!!

Check out that candle we had to borrow from the neighbor's kid :) 

I can't tell you how grateful I was not to have to wake up by myself (sorry Scragley but you lack thumbs and ability to respond with words - meow doesn't count) 

I got a surprise FaceTime in bed - BESTEST present!  I hadn't seen his handsome face this month and barely have spoken.  


Then there was the delicious birthday breakfast - belgian waffles, fruit, and black coffee.  If you don't have a waffle maker, go get this one! It's amazing and perfect for hosting brunch as it makes 2 at a time - ultimate crowd pleaser for adults & kiddos. 


I was spoiled rotten with pretty pretty presents!  Even my gal pals from far away sent me love xoxo


Yes I FINALLY got a lemon tree - I've been asking for one for years but my history for killing plants has Mr refusing.  So a gal pal stepped in ...


Last year I spent 31 with my fellow Navy wife gal pals on a trip to Charleston and this year I got to celebrate with them again but this time we were feeling sporty and adventured to try Curling!!

Confession: I've never ever played a sport - unless you count dancing or the marching band and no one ever does. 

I LOVED IT!!!!!


It was so much fun!  And learning together, cheering each other on was the best part.  We even got to play each other in a game once we mastered the basics.  


Yes my birthday #ootd was neon athletic wear!  

We finished the night with pizza and a birthday song! 


When I got home I found my front lawn decorated with a fleet of ships & balloons from the Naval Hospital


Thanks to all my friends near and far for the cards, messages and wishes!  


April 25th really is the perfect date!! - one of my all time favorites! 

Birthdays are special as they are a celebration of the blessing of another year of life.
God still has a purpose and plan for me and I'm looking forward to the adventures 32 has in store! 

Dress Beautifully - Like it's Your Birthday! 

XOXO Sarah Louise

No comments: